Found a Lower Delivered Price? - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-09-2010, 05:11 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor
 
Discount Tire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 729
Found a Lower Delivered Price?

We try hard to offer the lowest delivered price on all the tires we carry. In fact, we have a dedicated department that shops the competition to make sure we are indeed the cheapest delivered price out there. We are human though and some prices fall through the cracks. If you've found one lower, we want to know! We will beat our competitions lowest delivered price (unit price + freight). We won't be undersold! Just keep in mind that most of our competitors don't show you the total price until you're in their shopping cart. For an accurate comparison, be sure to add their additional shipping charges to their base price.

There are two ways to contact us about our low price guarantee. The fastest way is by calling us at 1.888.459.4080 or your local Discount Tire/America's Tire store. All of our sales agents have the necessary on-line tools to look up the cheaper price and ensure you're getting the best possible deal. You can also submit the cheaper price on our websites at Discount Tire Direct.com or DiscountTire.com (SEE THE EXAMPLE BELOW). We will contact you within 1 business day (excluding Sunday) after you submit the lower price.
Discount Tire has been in business for 50 years and we have built relationships with all of the top tire and wheel manufacturers. We take pride in offering the lowest prices, the most choices and the best customer service in the industry. With your help, we can continue ensuring the best possible pricing! We appreciate your continued support and the opportunity for your future business.

Low Prices! More Choices! Trusted Experts!
At The Store: discounttire.com
To Your Door: discounttiredirect.com

Useful Links:
Discount Tire is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-20-2012, 09:06 AM
Senior Member
 
Rawyzf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Blaine, MN
Posts: 4,437
I followed the instructions above to let Discount Tire know about a tire at OnlineTires.com for $99. DT has it listed for $189.

I get am email from DT this morning, here is the email from DT:

Ryan,

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to earn your business.

Discount Tire Direct offers the low price guarantee, WE WILL NOT BE BEAT!

Please contact me at your earliest convenience so I can beat Online Tire's price.


So, I give him a call and he asked the price, and I tell him $99. He says sorry, can't match that.

So, as much as I really like DT and will purchase from them again, I don't think you should advertise a better price gaurenteed if you're not going to stand by it.

Online Tire: http://www.onlinetires.com/products/...r+96w+vsb.html

Discount Tire: http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...w=false&cs=285

2009 Pontiac G8 GT - Magnetic Grey Metallic 1/4 [email protected] (10/06/2012) (SOLD - Dec. 05, 2013)

2008 Saab 9-7x Aero - Carbon Flash Metallic: (SOLD - Mar. 15, 2015)

2015 Chevrolet Silverado - Deep Ocean Blue Metallic:
Rawyzf is offline  
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-20-2012, 05:00 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor
 
Discount Tire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 729
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawyzf View Post
I followed the instructions above to let Discount Tire know about a tire at OnlineTires.com for $99. DT has it listed for $189.

I get am email from DT this morning, here is the email from DT:

Ryan,

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to earn your business.

Discount Tire Direct offers the low price guarantee, WE WILL NOT BE BEAT!

Please contact me at your earliest convenience so I can beat Online Tire's price.


So, I give him a call and he asked the price, and I tell him $99. He says sorry, can't match that.

So, as much as I really like DT and will purchase from them again, I don't think you should advertise a better price gaurenteed if you're not going to stand by it.

Online Tire: http://www.onlinetires.com/products/...r+96w+vsb.html

Discount Tire: http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...w=false&cs=285
Thank you for the opportunity. $99.00 each is certainly a great price and we would love to be able to match that price however this is a closeout item and we do reserve the right to not match discontinued, sale or close out items. Closeout and discontinued items may be out of date (old DOT #'s) or blem items. We do not sell tires that are older than 4 years and we do not sell blem items either.

Low Prices! More Choices! Trusted Experts!
At The Store: discounttire.com
To Your Door: discounttiredirect.com

Useful Links:
Discount Tire is offline  
 
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-20-2012, 08:34 PM
Getting faster
 
polo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discount Tire View Post
Thank you for the opportunity. $99.00 each is certainly a great price and we would love to be able to match that price however this is a closeout item and we do reserve the right to not match discontinued, sale or close out items. Closeout and discontinued items may be out of date (old DOT #'s) or blem items. We do not sell tires that are older than 4 years and we do not sell blem items either.
Well then the original post was not truthful. You should say something along the lines of "we will consider matching any price" rather than saying you have a low price guarantee and that you won't be undersold. Also, you can't assume that just because the tires are on closeout they are blems or out-dated.

I was in a Discount tire a few days ago inquiring about a new set of tires, and the sales guy told me that he would have no problem matching Tire Rack's prices. He didn't ask if they were sale or closeout items.

'09 PBM GT: 579hp/552tq - SOLD

polo is offline  
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-21-2012, 08:49 AM
Senior Member
 
Rawyzf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Blaine, MN
Posts: 4,437
Polo, you do raise a good point. 2yrs ago, I went into a DT store locally, and they price matched Blizzak LM-25s when they were on close out on TireRack for like $125. They knocked $100 off each tire without even blinking. I just had to pay the shipping cost.

2009 Pontiac G8 GT - Magnetic Grey Metallic 1/4 [email protected] (10/06/2012) (SOLD - Dec. 05, 2013)

2008 Saab 9-7x Aero - Carbon Flash Metallic: (SOLD - Mar. 15, 2015)

2015 Chevrolet Silverado - Deep Ocean Blue Metallic:
Rawyzf is offline  
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-21-2012, 03:52 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor
 
Discount Tire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 729
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo View Post
Well then the original post was not truthful. You should say something along the lines of "we will consider matching any price" rather than saying you have a low price guarantee and that you won't be undersold. Also, you can't assume that just because the tires are on closeout they are blems or out-dated.

I was in a Discount tire a few days ago inquiring about a new set of tires, and the sales guy told me that he would have no problem matching Tire Rack's prices. He didn't ask if they were sale or closeout items.
I'm sorry for the confusion.

The terms and conditions of the price match are stated very clearly when you submit a price match. This thread was created to let people know that we do offer price matching and where to start.

The terms and conditions are to protect us from matching prices on items that aren't necessarily apples to apples. We don't assume that every price match is for a product that is a blem or an old out of date product. In fact, in most cases getting a price match is super easy. There are, sometimes, situations where we may not price match and this is why we have the terms and conditions we do. If someone asks for price match and the price is a very large difference we may do a little deeper investigation before matching a price. Any company that price matches would be stupid not to.

Here's a link to an example of the price match form. See the bottom on this link for the terms and conditions. http://www.founditlower.com/request/...0B&price=99.00

FWIW, Rawyzf's price match request was for a product that a competitor had on sale and the product was indeed over 4 years old. Discount Tire will not sell a tire that is older than 4 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawyzf View Post
Polo, you do raise a good point. 2yrs ago, I went into a DT store locally, and they price matched Blizzak LM-25s when they were on close out on TireRack for like $125. They knocked $100 off each tire without even blinking. I just had to pay the shipping cost.
There are some times when we get the same closeout cost as our competitor on close out products. In this case we have no problem matching a competitors sale price.

I hope this all makes sense. We try to make this as easy as possible but like most things, there are a few occasions when its not as easy or straight forward as we wish it could be.

Low Prices! More Choices! Trusted Experts!
At The Store: discounttire.com
To Your Door: discounttiredirect.com

Useful Links:
Discount Tire is offline  
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-21-2012, 06:48 PM
****cray
 
elephantrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: round rock tx
Posts: 2,199
i still love discount tire ! i do all my tire biz there, and will
continue to do so.

jason


02 powerstroke - slightly modded
04 gto - stroked
elephantrider is offline  
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-21-2012, 09:30 PM
Senior Member
 
Hammer68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: DFW
Posts: 125
I just purchased 4 tires from DTD and they beat what tirerack quoted me for the fronts and came within a penny for the rears. Shipping was next day as I only live 30 miles from where they ship them from!

09 G8 GT - DD | 68 C10 - Project
Hammer68 is offline  
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-22-2012, 09:32 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor
 
Discount Tire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 729
Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantrider View Post
i still love discount tire ! i do all my tire biz there, and will
continue to do so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer68 View Post
I just purchased 4 tires from DTD and they beat what tirerack quoted me for the fronts and came within a penny for the rears. Shipping was next day as I only live 30 miles from where they ship them from!
Thank you for your support!

Low Prices! More Choices! Trusted Experts!
At The Store: discounttire.com
To Your Door: discounttiredirect.com

Useful Links:
Discount Tire is offline  
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-23-2012, 02:36 PM
G8Firehawk17
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
my problem with DT is this. They don't have the best prices on any given day...they are close most of the time, but typically I can do better. Worst of all though is the inconsistency of the service quality I have received from their stores. They are always professional and you feel good when handling the transaction, but it has been a crap shoot as to whether or not they will do the work correctly (mount/balance) or if they will scratch my wheels/break center caps/not reinstall valve stem caps, etc.

I have been told that their managers tend to rotate their tour of duty amongst different stores in their area. I wonder if this is the contributing factor the the apparent inconsistency in the service quality of any given store.

Because of this i will buy on-line and take to a local performance shop that seems to have a better handle on quality control and takes more pride in what they deliver to their customers.

I want to like DT, but...
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-23-2012, 03:19 PM
Senior Member
 
Rawyzf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Blaine, MN
Posts: 4,437
Luckily, the 2 local DT stores (Blaine and Lino Lakes) have been great for me. I did have a small rim scratch issue with the DT in Eden Prarie, so I won't go there again.

However, I'll just buy online from DTD in most cases (unless I find a closeout somewhere) and then have my Brother just mount and balance as he works at a GoodYear shop .

2009 Pontiac G8 GT - Magnetic Grey Metallic 1/4 [email protected] (10/06/2012) (SOLD - Dec. 05, 2013)

2008 Saab 9-7x Aero - Carbon Flash Metallic: (SOLD - Mar. 15, 2015)

2015 Chevrolet Silverado - Deep Ocean Blue Metallic:
Rawyzf is offline  
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-24-2012, 09:53 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor
 
Discount Tire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 729
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8Firehawk17 View Post
my problem with DT is this. They don't have the best prices on any given day...they are close most of the time, but typically I can do better. Worst of all though is the inconsistency of the service quality I have received from their stores. They are always professional and you feel good when handling the transaction, but it has been a crap shoot as to whether or not they will do the work correctly (mount/balance) or if they will scratch my wheels/break center caps/not reinstall valve stem caps, etc.

I have been told that their managers tend to rotate their tour of duty amongst different stores in their area. I wonder if this is the contributing factor the the apparent inconsistency in the service quality of any given store.

Because of this i will buy on-line and take to a local performance shop that seems to have a better handle on quality control and takes more pride in what they deliver to their customers.

I want to like DT, but...
We take a lot of pride in our customer service and I'm sorry our service has been inconsistent for you. The best thing I can tell you is that if there is a problem or you aren't satisfied with something tell your store manager right there on the spot. We can't fix it or prevent it from happening again if we don't know about it.

Low Prices! More Choices! Trusted Experts!
At The Store: discounttire.com
To Your Door: discounttiredirect.com

Useful Links:
Discount Tire is offline  
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-25-2012, 04:49 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 297
I bought tires for the wives mazda5 from dt. They broke a sensor that for all intensive purposes could have been crap from not having a cap on it. No problem they replaced it on them. Didn't even have to ask. It was just that easy. Sometimes u pay a little more or wait linter or what ever just for good customer service. I am sure there are cheaper places. But I take my stuff to dt because they always own up to anything they screw up and treat me well.
Topher3134 is offline  
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-27-2012, 09:04 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor
 
Discount Tire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 729
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher3134 View Post
I bought tires for the wives mazda5 from dt. They broke a sensor that for all intensive purposes could have been crap from not having a cap on it. No problem they replaced it on them. Didn't even have to ask. It was just that easy. Sometimes u pay a little more or wait linter or what ever just for good customer service. I am sure there are cheaper places. But I take my stuff to dt because they always own up to anything they screw up and treat me well.
Thank you!

Low Prices! More Choices! Trusted Experts!
At The Store: discounttire.com
To Your Door: discounttiredirect.com

Useful Links:
Discount Tire is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome