Kayhan Audio Unbox and Initial Thoughts compared to G8 Designs kit - Page 24 - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com
 97Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #461 of 713 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 04:46 PM

I gave them a video of what’s going on with these units. How the hvac and outside temp comes right on when you go to Accessrory and then to the Run. I think its a loss of memory of the Hvac when the power is completely off in the headunit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #462 of 713 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 05:00 PM
CCG8 Member

Unless you hit the time out you have set on the unit, it's not losing power completely though, it just goes to sleep. I do believe the canbus dies when the car is in the ACC/OFF position though.

Matt Jones
2009 WH G8 GT Vararam/Kooks LT's/Corsa/BLP Probationary LL 219/223 .612/.615 112LSA/3.45s
post #463 of 713 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 05:24 PM

When the hvac is on and its shows thats is off the canbus has to be active or the hvac would not be doing anything so I belive it’s something in the head unit isn’t seeing the canbus active until you command something.

post #464 of 713 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 05:55 PM

With all of these software updates, do you guys feel like Tesla owners?
GXP25 likes this.
post #465 of 713 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMGXP View Post
With all of these software updates, do you guys feel like Tesla owners?
I do. And at a fraction of the cost!

2009.1 G8 GT MGM
Mods-Performance:VCM otr cai-Vms HSRK-American racing 1 7/8" Headers with high flow cats-SLP powerflow mufflers-LS7 maf card-Spectre 4"Coupler-Spectre Maff housing-Little Lunati cam- Rick Crawford ported and milled .030"heads-LS9 valves-PSI 1511ml beehive springs-Rick Crawford throttle body-intake manifold. Pat G ECM & TCM tune-camaro 3.45 diff-LOOKS:Camaro SS midnight silver rims.

Ontario G8 Owner's Club (OGOC) Member
post #466 of 713 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 07:17 AM
CCG8 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildfan1976 View Post
When the hvac is on and its shows thats is off the canbus has to be active or the hvac would not be doing anything so I belive it’s something in the head unit isn’t seeing the canbus active until you command something.

Oh I agree, I was talking about when you shut the car off, it loses canbus as soon as you switch back to accessory. The radio itself never powers fully off, it just goes to sleep. When it's waking back up it's doing the above.

Matt Jones
2009 WH G8 GT Vararam/Kooks LT's/Corsa/BLP Probationary LL 219/223 .612/.615 112LSA/3.45s
post #467 of 713 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 07:30 AM

Im confident they will get it figured out and it will work like it should.
mjones73 likes this.
post #468 of 713 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 09:02 AM

It’s a hell of a lot better then stock!
mjones73 likes this.

2009.1 G8 GT MGM
Mods-Performance:VCM otr cai-Vms HSRK-American racing 1 7/8" Headers with high flow cats-SLP powerflow mufflers-LS7 maf card-Spectre 4"Coupler-Spectre Maff housing-Little Lunati cam- Rick Crawford ported and milled .030"heads-LS9 valves-PSI 1511ml beehive springs-Rick Crawford throttle body-intake manifold. Pat G ECM & TCM tune-camaro 3.45 diff-LOOKS:Camaro SS midnight silver rims.

post #469 of 713 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildfan1976 View Post
Im confident they will get it figured out and it will work like it should.
same. it should be expected for a new release product like this, especially with the intricacies of left/right hand and different parts of the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 G8's 4 ME View Post
It’s a hell of a lot better then stock!
YES! lets not forget this!

2009.5 G8GT Premium OnyxRed Interior
corsa catback, vararam intake, cortex tune
custom audio, sharksfin, HIDs, LED Fogs, 20" MRR GT1's, Kayhan headunit
post #470 of 713 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 03:09 PM

For anybody that wants to know, I was one of them. I have this new head unit hooked up to two amplifiers. Rockford Fosgate 1000 W four channel amp and also a Rockford Fosgate 1000 W monobloc amp. I’m using the front and rear line out for the four channel amp and the subwoofer out for the sub amp. So far, I am very pleased with the sound of it over stock. Previously, i used an audio control LC7I but was never very happy with the sound. It was as if the volume for the four channel amp and the sub amp were never in sync with each other. I can’t comment on engine wine because the car is still in storage. I did have to pull the car out into the driveway and then back in the garage again after the install and didn’t notice any engine wine though��!

Edit. My previous audio set up had horrible engine wine and it drove me absolutely crazy!

2009.1 G8 GT MGM

post #471 of 713 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjones73 View Post
And there it is, gonna install it now - https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...9W416URjgKz_Fl
Where is Kayhan posting these updates to download? Wanted to download the latest update.
post #472 of 713 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRG8 View Post
Where is Kayhan posting these updates to download? Wanted to download the latest update.
There is a download tab on their website. Click that, and then it will link you to dropbox.

2009.1 G8 GT MGM

post #473 of 713 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 05:23 PM

Quote:
There is a download tab on their website. Click that, and then it will link you to dropbox.
Thanks! I was looking inside My Account > Download.
post #474 of 713 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 11:41 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Here’s what I have noticed. If you turn the key to the first position, “accessory” and leave it that way for around 3 to 5 minutes. Then if you turn it to the second position “run“, it’s all good.

Very strange!
Did you mean 3 to 5 SECONDS?

2009 SRM GT - Premium, Sport, Sunroof - HSV triple gauges and trim, HSV Supersport Red/Black Steering Wheel, GXP rear sway bar, GXP Diffuser, Rotofab, SOLO Axlebacks, Magnaflow Cats, Red Hot shift knob, Autodim mirror, Removed intake cover, Chrome lug nut covers, Infinity door speakers, 10" DVC RF Sub, Switchbacks, Slotted rotors & Braided stainless brake hoses, Cortex tuner

Admin: www.pontiacbonnevilleclub.com
post #475 of 713 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Wikoff View Post
Did you mean 3 to 5 SECONDS?
Yes.
Belo likes this.

2009.1 G8 GT MGM

post #476 of 713 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 07:45 AM

Quote:
For anybody that wants to know, I was one of them. I have this new head unit hooked up to two amplifiers. Rockford Fosgate 1000 W four channel amp and also a Rockford Fosgate 1000 W monobloc amp. I’m using the front and rear line out for the four channel amp and the subwoofer out for the sub amp. So far, I am very pleased with the sound of it over stock. Previously, i used an audio control LC7I but was never very happy with the sound. It was as if the volume for the four channel amp and the sub amp were never in sync with each other. I can’t comment on engine wine because the car is still in storage. I did have to pull the car out into the driveway and then back in the garage again after the install and didn’t notice any engine wine though��!

Edit. My previous audio set up had horrible engine wine and it drove me absolutely crazy!
appreciate it, i have a very similar setup and agree that i've never been very happy with, although I don't have the lc7 either. Any reason you didn't just go preamp from your 4 channel to your mono? that's how I have mine setup now. I guess using a single sub out would give you control over the sub, is that why you ran the extra wire?

really hope this cures the whine... crap's embarrassing when i have someone in the car and i'm not cranking music. "what's that noise?" they ask... haha.

post #477 of 713 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belo View Post
appreciate it, i have a very similar update and agree that i've never been very happy, although I didn't have the lc7 either. Any reason you didn't just go preamp from your 4 channel to your mono? that's how I have mine setup now. I guess using a single sub out would give you control over the sub, is that why you ran the extra wire?

really hope this cures the whine... ****'s embarassing when i have someone in the car and i'm not cranking music. "what's that noise?" haha.
I had the monobloc amp years before I ever had a four channel amp, so the RCA wires were already there. Also, it does give me better control over each amp. I hope that answers your question.

I am now looking for a line driver. I personally don’t think the pre out voltage is high enough.

2009.1 G8 GT MGM

post #478 of 713 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 09:39 AM

Garage
Got my unit all set up and running. I think mine already had the updates done as I only had to change the time zone and kph to mph. I would like to change my navigation to Waze if that's possible. Only real issue I have is the whine in the background. Anyone have a solution for that?
Colin

2009 Pontiac G8 GT
post #479 of 713 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 09:42 AM Thread Starter

Mine doesn't whine. Well, my first one did but also had a dead audio channel. You can change which app is linked to the navigation button. Get Waze installed and it'll probably show up in the list of choices.

2009 SRM GT - Premium, Sport, Sunroof - HSV triple gauges and trim, HSV Supersport Red/Black Steering Wheel, GXP rear sway bar, GXP Diffuser, Rotofab, SOLO Axlebacks, Magnaflow Cats, Red Hot shift knob, Autodim mirror, Removed intake cover, Chrome lug nut covers, Infinity door speakers, 10" DVC RF Sub, Switchbacks, Slotted rotors & Braided stainless brake hoses, Cortex tuner

Admin: www.pontiacbonnevilleclub.com
post #480 of 713 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguygibby View Post
Got my unit all set up and running. I think mine already had the updates done as I only had to change the time zone and kph to mph. I would like to change my navigation to Waze if that's possible. Only real issue I have is the whine in the background. Anyone have a solution for that?
Colin
man the dreaded whine. hope it's a defect. Some things to look for are loose connections and if any power wire is touching or close to any of your audio wires.

I believe you'll need carplay to run something like waze.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page