Kayhan Audio Unbox and Initial Thoughts compared to G8 Designs kit - Page 33 - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com
 89Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #641 of 668 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Wikoff View Post
I've left it on there. Has anyone taken it off?
Mine is still on but I plan to remove it and get some uncut screen protector material to trim to fit since mine has some debris stuck under it from before I got it.

2009 Liquid Red GT

Currently Enjoying : WeatherTech Floor Liners, Tein S. Tech Springs, Monroe PPV Shocks/Struts, SuperPro Polyelast Top Mounts, Firehawk Indy 500 245/40/19, Subwoofer Wire Mod
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #642 of 668 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 07:51 AM

threads been quiet for a while. Are most of the issues resolved or have we given up hope?

2009.5 G8GT Premium OnyxRed Interior
corsa catback, vararam intake, cortex tune
custom audio, sharksfin, HIDs, LED Fogs, 20" MRR GT1's
post #643 of 668 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belo View Post
threads been quiet for a while. Are most of the issues resolved or have we given up hope?
Mine runs great other than the intermittent issue of the volume changing by itself sometimes. I've been told that they think they know what the issue is and hopefully will be resolved in a few weeks. Still haven't figured out how to just disable them.

2009 Liquid Red GT

Currently Enjoying : WeatherTech Floor Liners, Tein S. Tech Springs, Monroe PPV Shocks/Struts, SuperPro Polyelast Top Mounts, Firehawk Indy 500 245/40/19, Subwoofer Wire Mod

post #644 of 668 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 08:22 AM Thread Starter

I think many have just settled in. There isn't much new stuff popping up to figure out.

2009 SRM GT - Premium, Sport, Sunroof - HSV triple gauges and trim, HSV Supersport Red/Black Steering Wheel, GXP rear sway bar, GXP Diffuser, Rotofab, SOLO Axlebacks, Magnaflow Cats, Red Hot shift knob, Autodim mirror, Removed intake cover, Chrome lug nut covers, Infinity door speakers, 10" DVC RF Sub, Switchbacks, Slotted rotors & Braided stainless brake hoses, Cortex tuner

Admin: www.pontiacbonnevilleclub.com
post #645 of 668 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 07:00 PM
Pontiac Crazy

Garage
Quote:
Still can't download apps. Tried everything under the sun and the Facebook page has been less than helpful. I've done and redone their ideas to no avail and each time they reply saying they'll have to sit down with one of their units and dig into the settings to see what they can find, but then I don't get a followup. First message was April 4th with further messages from myself attempting to get follow up on the 12th, 21st (no response to this one), and 29th.

I'm about to give up hope and start attempting to root the device...

2009.5 G8 GXP SRM 6MT
-Kooks 1-7/8 LT, 3" Solo, RotoFab CAI, Full Zeta II suspension with BCs, Monster LT1-S & Tick Master Cylinder, 3.91 w/ TrueTrac
post #646 of 668 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 09:26 PM

JUst installed mine last weekend and my only issue is with Apple car play. I'm not able to listen to the radio when my phone is plugged in. Even if I select radio after ~30 seconds it will go back to car play and play what is on my phone. I haven't had a chance to contact them about the issue and to be honest I'm still in the process of hooking up the new speakers and amps so not in a rush to contact them.

09 GT Pacific Slate
Premium/Sport/Sun, Magnaflow 16887, Vararam,
Dyno Tune, Kicker CVR8, GXP diffuser, Camaro 20's
post #647 of 668 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 10:54 AM

Mine will be up for sale soon, along with the carplay dongle and dual USB port that I bought for it. It's more of a wiring issue for me that I don't want to deal with. Once I finish up another issue with my car this will be coming out and going back to stock so it will work with my aftermarket equipment again.

09.1 G8 GT MSM Sport/Premium Onyx/Red
Mods: LSA w/2.85" pulley, LT1Z custom stage1 PDS cam, Solo Mach exhaust, Kooks mids,3.27 Camaro diff., Pat G tune, PPV shocks/struts, BMR sways, SuperPro front strut and BMR rear cradle poly bushings.

Show: F&R Brembo's w/drilled and slotted rotors, GXP rear diffuser, Advanti Racing Rein flow form wheels in 20x8.5"(23.5lbs.) and 20x9.5"(24.5 lbs.), 6K HID, triple Atari gauges, tinted windows. VE onyx/red hot steering wheel and shift knob.
post #648 of 668 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domin8r View Post
Mine will be up for sale soon, along with the carplay dongle and dual USB port that I bought for it. It's more of a wiring issue for me that I don't want to deal with. Once I finish up another issue with my car this will be coming out and going back to stock so it will work with my aftermarket equipment again.
keep me in mind haha. My car is still slumbering in the garage as the weather still sucks here. I want to get her out on the road again before i tackle this project and while I never expected a slam dunk, some of y'alls issues have me concerned.

post #649 of 668 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 09:11 PM
Pontiac Crazy

Garage
Forgot to put the random glitches/bugs I've had in my last post. These have each only occurred once so far and resolved themselves with a reboot.

1) Using bluetooth streaming, took a call on bluetooth and music continued playing at extremely low volume in the background of the call. Upon hanging up from the call, the music remained at an extremely low level.

2) Using bluetooth streaming, about the 3rd or 4th song of the morning finished then when it advanced to the next one, silence. The streaming was still going, just no sound from the car. Didn't matter how many songs I skipped, if I paused then resumed, or even switching inputs then back. My phone has never had an issue with this, I also use it in my truck for the same thing.

3) Car sat in the parking lot for about an hour and when I came back out it resumed from standby but was stuck on the home page (the one with the calendar on top and red gauges at the bottom). Bluetooth reconnected and began playing but the unit was completely unresponsive to any controls (touch screen or steering wheel). Next time I restarted the car (same day) the unit forced itself into a full boot (I'm guessing the glitch crashed the entire system when it attempted to go into standby again).

Mostly curious if anyone else has had similar incidents.

2009.5 G8 GXP SRM 6MT
-Kooks 1-7/8 LT, 3" Solo, RotoFab CAI, Full Zeta II suspension with BCs, Monster LT1-S & Tick Master Cylinder, 3.91 w/ TrueTrac
post #650 of 668 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yutzybrian View Post
Still can't download apps. Tried everything under the sun and the Facebook page has been less than helpful. I've done and redone their ideas to no avail and each time they reply saying they'll have to sit down with one of their units and dig into the settings to see what they can find, but then I don't get a followup. First message was April 4th with further messages from myself attempting to get follow up on the 12th, 21st (no response to this one), and 29th.

I'm about to give up hope and start attempting to root the device...
Can't download any at all? I have installed downloaded Torque and Youtube and they installed fine.

2009 Liquid Red GT

post #651 of 668 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Forgot to put the random glitches/bugs I've had in my last post. These have each only occurred once so far and resolved themselves with a reboot.

1) Using bluetooth streaming, took a call on bluetooth and music continued playing at extremely low volume in the background of the call. Upon hanging up from the call, the music remained at an extremely low level.

2) Using bluetooth streaming, about the 3rd or 4th song of the morning finished then when it advanced to the next one, silence. The streaming was still going, just no sound from the car. Didn't matter how many songs I skipped, if I paused then resumed, or even switching inputs then back. My phone has never had an issue with this, I also use it in my truck for the same thing.

3) Car sat in the parking lot for about an hour and when I came back out it resumed from standby but was stuck on the home page (the one with the calendar on top and red gauges at the bottom). Bluetooth reconnected and began playing but the unit was completely unresponsive to any controls (touch screen or steering wheel). Next time I restarted the car (same day) the unit forced itself into a full boot (I'm guessing the glitch crashed the entire system when it attempted to go into standby again).

Mostly curious if anyone else has had similar incidents.
Can't comment on the bluetooth problems but mine every once in a great while will do a full boot vs picking up on the home page. Usually only takes an extra 10 seconds ish.

2009 Liquid Red GT

post #652 of 668 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 03:31 PM
Pontiac Crazy

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevtheo1191 View Post
Can't download any at all? I have installed downloaded Torque and Youtube and they installed fine.
No, nothing at all. Won't update the apps that are installed and I've tried to install Torque Pro, same effect.

2009.5 G8 GXP SRM 6MT

Last edited by yutzybrian; 05-14-2019 at 07:16 PM.
post #653 of 668 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 05:21 PM

anyone have trouble with hazards? My hazard button is toggling the radio mute !
post #654 of 668 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 09:19 PM Thread Starter

Weird. Reboot?

2009 SRM GT - Premium, Sport, Sunroof - HSV triple gauges and trim, HSV Supersport Red/Black Steering Wheel, GXP rear sway bar, GXP Diffuser, Rotofab, SOLO Axlebacks, Magnaflow Cats, Red Hot shift knob, Autodim mirror, Removed intake cover, Chrome lug nut covers, Infinity door speakers, 10" DVC RF Sub, Switchbacks, Slotted rotors & Braided stainless brake hoses, Cortex tuner

Admin: www.pontiacbonnevilleclub.com
post #655 of 668 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 10:23 PM

This thread perfectly encapsulates why I'm not an early adapter of pretty much anything. Ever.
GXP25 and jrevans like this.
post #656 of 668 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 05:50 AM
Pontiac Crazy

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMGXP View Post
This thread perfectly encapsulates why I'm not an early adapter of pretty much anything. Ever.
Still worth it in my opinion. I'd rather deal with a few bugs than be stuck with radio/CD as my only options.

2009.5 G8 GXP SRM 6MT
post #657 of 668 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMGXP View Post
Quote:
Still worth it in my opinion. I'd rather deal with a few bugs than be stuck with radio/CD as my only options.
I agree with both of these I think haha. What I didn't expect was the $100 price increase. Yeah that's not a huge chunk of money, but it adds up. It's a risk you run for sure, but I would have adopted it earlier knowing that most of the bugs are software and can be fixed remotely. I was more concerned with how the company would respond and it seems at first they were great, but now they're on to other things. this worries me.

post #658 of 668 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 12:02 PM

Quote:
keep me in mind haha. My car is still slumbering in the garage as the weather still sucks here. I want to get her out on the road again before i tackle this project and while I never expected a slam dunk, some of y'alls issues have me concerned.
Belo, I will let you know when I am ready if you want. My car is currently at the shop for a destroyed LS7 lifter that took out the cam...so Johnson lifters and a new cam for me...FML

09.1 G8 GT MSM Sport/Premium Onyx/Red
Mods: LSA w/2.85" pulley, LT1Z custom stage1 PDS cam, Solo Mach exhaust, Kooks mids,3.27 Camaro diff., Pat G tune, PPV shocks/struts, BMR sways, SuperPro front strut and BMR rear cradle poly bushings.

Show: F&R Brembo's w/drilled and slotted rotors, GXP rear diffuser, Advanti Racing Rein flow form wheels in 20x8.5"(23.5lbs.) and 20x9.5"(24.5 lbs.), 6K HID, triple Atari gauges, tinted windows. VE onyx/red hot steering wheel and shift knob.
post #659 of 668 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 08:14 AM
CCG8 Member

Anyone get their hand on the wireless Android Auto dongle yet? I've seen some people on XDA have them now and are over all happy with them.

Matt Jones
2009 WH G8 GT Vararam/Kooks LT's/Corsa/BLP Probationary LL 219/223 .612/.615 112LSA/3.45s
post #660 of 668 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjones73 View Post
Anyone get their hand on the wireless Android Auto dongle yet? I've seen some people on XDA have them now and are over all happy with them.
Yes it’s awesome- works wirelessly and with USB... I installed it in line with a USB port that I added so I can use it either way and keep it hidden
mjones73 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page