So I felt like this pretty much needed it's own thread as the other one has grown so large that any prospective buyers might look at it and see more of the positive that was our initial satisfaction and miss the bad that has came up since. I used Imgur albums for all the screenshots below so I can add to them if more replies come in (and because this post would be a mile long if I embedded every image).
First off, let's talk customer support. Ever since I got the unit installed, I have been unable to download or update any apps. They always get stuck in "Download pending...". I've tried all the usual fixes (clearing data, logging out and back in, etc) as well as the quirky (disable auto-update then clear ALL pending downloads and reboot, manually set the time (even though NTP had already pulled the correct time), stand on my head while singing the national anthem, etc). The back and forth I've had with the Kayhan Audio USA Facebook group results in the same suggestions everytime, even though I've clearly stated that I already performed those attempted fixes. It's almost as if I'm talking to an entirely new person each time. Multiple times I didn't even get a response to my request for an update to the issue, a problem that is probably a side effect of them having an auto-reply configured. So in the end I've been ran in a big circle with this issue and no resolution 3 months later.
All of the FB PMs: https://imgur.com/a/WpgNqM2
Now for the part that has quite a few riled up at the moment, a revised edition being released so soon after. On June 26, a Version 2 was announced that had basically better everything (except for the CPU, that stayed the same). This is only ~5 months after the initial release. When someone voiced the fact that they felt cheated by this, a US representative for the company stepped in attempting to defend the move made by her employer. Part of her argument revolved around saying it was the latest and greatest "at the time", I'm sure all my fellow IT folk know that's an utter load of crap. Those of us who bought in at Version 1 were basically used as unwilling Beta testers to refine the next version of their product. Sure, I can send it back and upgrade to V2, but that's another 400 AUD ($280 USD at time of writing this) plus the $91 it costs me to ship it all the way back to Aus (since they aren't apparently using this supposed US branch office for anything). This would put me at just over $1100 invested, whereas the V2 outright is ~$765 USD (with current exchange).
Thread from the Kayhan Owner's Group: https://imgur.com/a/JAQYFr1
To people looking to buy: I would recommend to avoid this company until such a time they're willing to make it right in a way that doesn't leave everyone feeling screwed over. It's your money to speak with though, I'm just putting all the information out there.
To fellow owners: Please add any unresolved
issues you've had to this thread. Maybe if we can build a large enough case against them (especially in regards to the V1), they might do something (probably not, but hey, I can dream right?).
And finally, to anyone who wants to throw their 2 cents in and say: "You should've waited, you knew a newer version was gonna come out!" or "What are you complaining about? It was a new product, of course it has some bugs!" just save it. My biggest issue with them is the inability to properly support the product then seemingly perform a quick cash grab with a shiny new model. Most major products like this follow some sort of standard release model, usually along the lines of once per year. At this rate, we're gonna have a V3 by the end of the year with Kayhan's production cycle...