Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, I'm looking at a couple of G8 GTs, and need an opinion. #1 is an 08 GT charcoal, 888 model, 35k miles ($24k), driving in winter climate, little rustly underside, which is expected. #2 is an 09 GT, black, 31k miles ($24.7k), very clean, no rust underneath.

I know the 888 is something more unique, but what value does it add to the vehicle? thanks

·
Registered
906 Posts
^agreed

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Go for the 09

·
You've got mail, YAAAAY!
1,951 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well here's the other thing. The price on the 08 is negotiable, the 09 is not. I'm only going to get a g8 if the price is great. Both prices are okay, but not a great deal.

the 08 also comes with 4 new snow tires

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
If prices are only "ok" then why not shop around a bit more. Decide what you really want as far as options and color, then expand your search parameters.

·
Registered
90 Posts
well here's the other thing. The price on the 08 is negotiable, the 09 is not. I'm only going to get a g8 if the price is great. Both prices are okay, but not a great deal.

the 08 also comes with 4 new snow tires
Price is always negotiable.

I would decide based on option and color preference. The 888 don't hit me as particularly special and I wouldn't take one in a color I don't want.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the 09 is what I'm looking for. Price is just okay like I said, but was willing to save some money since the 08 is cheaper, plus 888. but people seem to agree that the 09 is better, probably because of the condition and the 1 year longer left on the warranty

·
Premium Member
1,646 Posts
Yeah, there's nothing special about an "888" car; you can't even really call it an "edition" as its only distinguishing feature is the fact that it has a little transfer added to the dash trim. No one can convince me that the 888th car off the line is worth any more than the 889th car, the 1888th car, or the 16,013th car :).

Plus, the '09 has an extra year of build experience behind it. The later years of a given model tend to be of better quality as the teething issues are sorted out (until the workers find out the model is dying, then it can go downhill LOL).

·
Registered
861 Posts
You really can't go wrong with either model year. '08's were only made for a few months before they switched over to the '09MY. As far as first model year quirks, Holden Commodores came out in '06, so most of the first year issues should have been addressed by '08 when the G8's came out. I have an '08 and have no issues with my car. I would try to find something with even lower miles if you can--I think they're still out there. An 888 car would be nice, but only if it were equal in condition to the other cars you were considering.

·
Registered
428 Posts
the 09's are slower stock said:
I guess that's due to the added weight of the XM module.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
11 Participants
The Thing 351
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing