Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking around for my G8 still. I like all the colors but IOM, PBM, and SBM stick out to me the most. Is IOM a uncommon color? 2008 G8 GT with 29,288k miles for 28k seems high in comparison to other colors. Seeing as there is a 09 GT SBM with 16,341 for 25k.

Thanks ahead of time

·
Registered
196 Posts
IOM is one of the rarest colors considering they only made 927 of them. 28k for the car is waaaay too much. I got mine for 23k with 19k miles on it this past august.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what I thought. Im thinking 22-25k tops. Depending on the installed options. I'd love a sunroof but can't find many for sale around here with them. I'm not biased to 18in wheels or 19in wheels. Either or don't matter. I will be replacing those after the winter anyways.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Way to much!

I just bought my 09 g8 gt in dark gray with both upgrade packages and every option except sun roof with 3,100 miles for 24k even. Unless you just have to have that color I would shop around. Also you might contact who it is that has that car for sale and set up a showing to see and drive the car. If you like it offer what you think is fair. Dont worry about what they are asking. CASH IN HAND makes for a great bargaining tool. Worst case youll waist the time you spent looking at it. Also this time of year anybody looking to get out of a sports car is goind to have to make it a VERY attractive deal. Good luck

·
Registered
339 Posts
A little steep...24 would be my max on this car...and it would need to be immaculate..

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wonder if location has something to do with it. I'm in the suburbs of chicago. within 25miles of me (according to autotrader) there are 14 G8 GT's for sale. Cheapest around is 24k. (one was in a front end accident the other has over 60k miles on it) I know there is always negotiation but it just seems as if prices are cheaper other places. I have about 5k for a down payment and was already prequalified for 25k loan through my bank. I know that will give me a little more negotiating power but I just can't see a dealership knocking off 15-20% off the car.

Any tips to negotiation? Last time I bought a car I walked after they wouldn't budge and didn't even get a call back (was really surprised)

·
Registered
339 Posts
I thnk if there are that many near you, you will have more leverage to deal. Play them against each other. Find a better deal online and let them know you are ready to write them a check(and go elsewhere if they dont want to play ball) ...be patient...unless you have to get that particular color, there are quite a few out there to choose from

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am not partial to any color. That's a good idea. I can go after the IOM and tell them I like the color then show them a posting of a 24k car n tell them again I like the color but! It's not worth 4k more to me.

I'm taking my time with his buy. My GP GTP was an impulse buy. Not doing that again. Hoping by Christmas to have a G8. Should prices drop when the snow hits the ground?

·
Registered
438 Posts
that price seems way to high thats almost as much as i paid for mine brand new! and i dont like the orange color really but if u like it and can look at it everyday than get it. they only made it in 08 so u will have a hard time finding them and it will have the atari gauges. but if u have 30k for a car u should shop around more maybe go out of state to buy one and drive it home. u can get it serviced at any gm dealer if its still under warranty. but for that many miles i say no deal. my car just hit 9,500 miles so mine must be worth like $80,000 ;)

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's really ridiculously priced. I have up to 30k to spend but I don't want to spend 30k seeing as they started under 30k brand new. Also there is a gxp 10 miles from me for sale for 32k with less miles. I'd like to keep financing below 20k if I can. That will keep my payment below 400 a month. (60 month financing)

·
Registered
438 Posts
yea i would love to get my hands on a m6 gxp if i were u i would just save some more i paid 29600 for mine new sticker was 33600 i belive but i know alot of ppl on here paid about 3-5k less. but if u want the car that bad go outa state to get one for the price u wana spend. i went to fla for one of my preludes since i knew there would be no rust and the owner took care of it and barely drove it. it was a 98 with 14000 miles on it and i got it last winter. so if u really want a g8 go on ebay find a good dealer w a warranty make sure the carfax checks out get additional pictures and then either fly there and pick it up or find some1 to go with u. good luck finding one. if u wana drive to nj i see a few on the lot i got mine from.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If i had more money i'd def get the GXP. its not a M6 tho. I am now looking out of state to see prices. Hopefully I find something good. If I end up in New Jersey I will let u know lol

·
Registered
640 Posts
Get a GXP if you can spend 30k.

·
BOOOOOOOOOOST
702 Posts
The price on the G8s continues to climb. Glad I got mine when I did.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It seems like the prices do keep climbing. I keep looking for the right one for me and it seems like weekly the prices keep climbing. I thought the cold winter with the snow would lower the price on these RWD HP monsters up here in chicago. Guess I was wrong.... hopefully in the next week or 2 ill be a proud owner.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
About this Discussion
35 Replies
16 Participants
majesticix
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing