Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got one in the dealership today. I was the one to do the inspection on it. Anyhow everyone starts talking about how it could smoke my car. It's bone stock and heavy. I smoke those crap piles. They do look good though. It's only funny that they want to race now that my tranny is pulled out. Just you wait. When I finally get mine back, it's on. Faster and stronger. I did offer to push mine and someone push the challenger. No takers though lol

·
Premium Member
4,210 Posts
Lol! I guess the day and age of a 4000+ lbs car running a 11.68 1/4 mile is no longer respectable? You should just sell your G8 tomorrow and buy the Dodge! ;)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Yeah tell them that the only way a Challenger RT would beat you ....with your car broke down. My buddy has one and he is still always amazed at the performance of the G8 :)

·
Sarcasm Personified
3,900 Posts
Yeah the Challenger R/T sucks performance wise, it's overweight and has a crappy 5 speed. Get a decent transmission and lose some weight and they would be respectable. But the G8 wins 60% of the time, all the time.... figured that movie quote would fit nicely here.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Yeah the Challenger R/T sucks performance wise, it's overweight and has a crappy 5 speed. Get a decent transmission and lose some weight and they would be respectable. But the G8 wins 60% of the time, all the time.... figured that movie quote would fit nicely here.
Now back to you Ron Burgandy :thumbsup:

·
Sarcasm Personified
3,900 Posts
Now I feel complete at least one person respected the joke lol.

·
IdontRe Member
631 Posts
As soon as you landed that joke, I'm sure you IMMEDIATELY regretted the decision.

·
IdontRe Member
631 Posts

·
IdontRe Member
631 Posts
Serious in life.

Green with envy.

·
Yep, that just happened..
5,024 Posts
^^^ lol!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Boy, that escalated quickly... I mean, that (this conversation) really got out of hand fast

·
IdontRe Member
631 Posts
Boy, that escalated quickly... I mean, that (this conversation) really got out of hand fast
"escalated"? I don't see how. :stickpoke:

Zodiac's cool. :pimp:

·
Yep, that just happened..
5,024 Posts
It's all good.... :punch:

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
I don't even understand what the original post meant. So you didn't actually race one but just saw one in person? How is this a kill or did I miss an actual race?

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
Yeah, this is more of a bench racing scenario, but regardless, it would be barely a contest with a stock G8: with one as fast as yours, OP, it'd be worse than a rout LOL! It's amazing how people (i.e. your coworkers) get suckered in by appearances.

·
Mack
1,000 Posts
I literally pray for those to roll up next to me on the interstate. Now the 2012+ R/T? Mucho better performance wise.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
R/Ts are sad. I never get lined up with any on the street, but last time at the strip......... 20 car lengths !

1 - 20 of 29 Posts