1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Sergeant Type
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
48 Posts
Looks pretty nice, man, and priced reasonably. The only thing that would concern (not too much of a concern) me is that it says a company car, ask about that. I know if it was my company car, I would really "drive" it. Looks real clean. Offer him 19k, you can always negotiate.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Personally I think it's a little high. There's plenty of cars out here between 60-80k miles selling for between 14-18k dollars. I love the white though and if you're set on the car then I would see if you could at least get him down a grand.

·
Sergeant Type
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, yeah, I have offered him $19k. I'm still waiting for a reply.

Also, its for my wife, she actually is the one that picked it out. haha

:D

·
Sergeant Type
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I set up an appt with the owner to go see it on Wednesday. I talked with him on the phone and the way he talked about it, you could tell he loved it and took very good care of it. He also sounded Australian... Can't wait!

·
Sergeant Type
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Flying the Pontiac Flag
554 Posts
Looks pretty clean...Let us know how it turns out on Wednesday. Love my G8 as a DD.

·
Sergeant Type
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks pretty clean...Let us know how it turns out on Wednesday. Love my G8 as a DD.
haha Hey man! I'll definitely post up about it. The guy sent me a picture of the window sticker today. It sold for $33k new... Sport and Premium packages. So basically everything except for the sunroof.

·
Flying the Pontiac Flag
554 Posts
So how did your meeting on the car turn out?

·
Sergeant Type
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, I picked it up, it's an 09 G8 GT in White Hot with 64k miles. Has every option, except the sunroof.

It was VERY well maintained by a British fellow. He was the original owner and has every service record for the car, including the window sticker. The only flaw was a light curb rash on the front passenger wheel. Everything else is perfect! :D

Here are a couple pics I've taken:

·
Flying the Pontiac Flag
554 Posts
Congrats! Funny...Noticed the month tag on your plate and your plate number isn't too far off from mine and I bought in very early July 09. Mine is optioned the same as yours as well. After you rack up a few miles behind the wheel on her post up your comparison to the GTO.

·
Sergeant Type
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Congrats! Funny...Noticed the month tag on your plate and your plate number isn't too far off from mine and I bought in very early July 09. Mine is optioned the same as yours as well. After you rack up a few miles behind the wheel on her post up your comparison to the GTO.
Ha, that's cool. For sure.

Intersting... looks like he de-badged it a little, taking off the pontiac logo/letters from the rear and the GM chicklets. Saved you some work :)
He did and he saved all the badging in a bag for us. I'll be putting the arrowhead back on and taking the "G8" and "GT" off. That's it though. :D

·
Registered
41 Posts
Congrats! Another white hot in cali!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Nice! the background in the photos makes me miss Cali. Was stationed there for 6 years. Now I'm in North Carolina myself lol. Very nice looking car though. Congrats!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
About this Discussion
23 Replies
11 Participants
GXPaycheck
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing