Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a guy on here just hit me up a few days ago (0 posts) saying hes got a MGM premium package and everything but no sunroof with 4k miles..he said kbb is 26k i said 24 but he said no..i offered 25k..is 26 still a good deal for this car? hes going to send me picks monday when he get back home from visiting fam

·
Registered
141 Posts
Idk if I would pay that much for a used G8 unless it was a GXP, heck I paid $26K for my car brand new in 09'.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats what i was thinking..for excellent in my area on kbb its 25,530$

·
GR8WHIT
78 Posts
IMO 26k is way too high. A friend of mine got his 09 msm gt with 7k miles for 21k back in Feb of this year. It came with kooks headers, corsa exhaust, roto-fab intake, tune & polished camaro 20's.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Guys, we're talking about a 4k mile car here, not your 30k+ mile car. A loaded 4k mile GT should bring good money. Depending on the condition of the car it may very well be worth the asking price. If you look you can find GXPs sub 30k, but they have miles. A GXP with 4k miles will easily bring more than 30k.

If you were lucky enough to "buy a new GT for 26k," I'll bet you're not telling the entire story, ie: options, mileage, damage, etc. Or maybe you're one of the few good negotiators. Whatever the case, the one thing you CAN'T change (legally) about a car is the mileage. Spending a few extra bucks for a nearly new car is not a bad move if its what you want..!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
GR8WHIT
78 Posts
Guys, we're talking about a 4k mile car here, not your 30k+ mile car. A loaded 4k mile GT should bring good money. Depending on the condition of the car it may very well be worth the asking price. If you look you can find GXPs sub 30k, but they have miles. A GXP with 4k miles will easily bring more than 30k.

If you were lucky enough to "buy a new GT for 26k," I'll bet you're not telling the entire story, ie: options, mileage, damage, etc. Or maybe you're one of the few good negotiators. Whatever the case, the one thing you CAN'T change (legally) about a car is the mileage. Spending a few extra bucks for a nearly new car is not a bad move if its what you want..!

Appearently you didn't read my post. If you're gonna spend 26k for a GT then why not spend a lil more and get a GXP for around 30k? It just doesn't make sense to me to spend that much on a GT. But I've always been known to overthink things.

·
Registered
845 Posts
IMO 26k is way too high. A friend of mine got his 09 msm gt with 7k miles for 21k back in Feb of this year. It came with kooks headers, corsa exhaust, roto-fab intake, tune & polished camaro 20's.
That's either bull or there was a reason the car was so cheap. Op if u want the car it's worth it. I myself paid 27,900$ for a 4k mile sbm last June and have no regrets.

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
I'd be weary of a non contributing member trying to market his car via the pm system. Sure, one could postulate that he probably doesn't post here just like he doesn't drive the car ever. But with no history and blatantly trying to circumvent the for sale section rules... Hard to determine if it is legit. Caviat emptor

I bought my gt brand new factory fresh for $20k so I think this 'deal' is terrible, but for someone who might garage queen this car for another 5+ years and maybe 2k miles more, maybe the 'virginity factor' has some merit.

Zepcom

·
Registered
141 Posts

I bought my car (G8 GT w/ sport package) brand new in Spet of 09' with all the rebates and incentives at the time I got the car for $26K.....there is no hidden story. No sales tax with registering it in AK either.

Anyways I'm just giving my opinion like the OP wanted, and that is all I did.

·
GR8WHIT
78 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
I bought my car (G8 GT w/ sport package) brand new in Spet of 09' with all the rebates and incentives at the time I got the car for $26K.....there is no hidden story. No sales tax with registering it in AK either.

Anyways I'm just giving my opinion like the OP wanted, and that is all I did.
You got a great deal, no doubt. I'd be willing to bet that part of the reason you got it cheap was because they were nearing winter (at the end of the model year) and rwd cars probably don't sell well in the winter up there, so they cut you a great deal and unloaded it.

The majority paid more than that when buying new, though. I paid 29k when I bought my first one in July of '09. I did my fair share of research back then and anything south of 30k was hard to come by.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Wow!! Ya you got an awesome deal:nuts:
And he did buy his for that. Here's the thread from another guy that was wanting to get it. http://www.g8board.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67428&highlight=
Never said I got a great deal, just that I've never regretted it. Clam down with the referral of old threads that doesn't have any info on the car your speaking of. On topic.. Op take a look at the other g8s currently for sale online. Any one who thinks 26,000$ is unreasonable for a like new gt hasn't tried to purchase a g8 lately

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeaa..im waiting on pics right now..car is in PA so a few hours away..i still think 26 is a tad high but who am i haha..im just in the market for a MGM under 40k thats not going to break my bank haha

·
Registered
137 Posts
You got a great deal, no doubt. I'd be willing to bet that part of the reason you got it cheap was because they were nearing winter (at the end of the model year) and rwd cars probably don't sell well in the winter up there, so they cut you a great deal and unloaded it.

The majority paid more than that when buying new, though. I paid 29k when I bought my first one in July of '09. I did my fair share of research back then and anything south of 30k was hard to come by.

Had nothing to do with Winter, Pontiac was closing shop and offered huge rebates at the end. I've heard a lot of similar stories.

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
Agreed: March 2009 was where it was at! The more expensive 2009.5 cars with Bluetooth were already on dealership lots and I didn't want leather. My 2009.1 car was a v8 base model that apparently no one wanted, FTW! My 30k-even car went to 20k when I applied my 7k instant rebate, negotiated that I needed factory Bluetooth (worth another 1k), existing gm loyalty bonus (500), and 'old dealer stock discount' (was on a lot 200 miles away for 11 months, dealer needed churn) for another 1k, and my ultimatum was if my salesman bumped my 20.5k invoice to an even 20k, that I would sign the paperwork. Best deal of the year for me, or at least I'd like to believe so. In my eyes, 'MOAR MOD MONEY' that I feel I made good on. :D

Then, 5k down, and 5k for my Pontiac trade in, and my loan was only 10k.

Maybe I just got lucky that my final day of negotiation with the salesman was "actually" the day Pontiac announced they were dead.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Well I feel stupid for paying 25k for my silver 09 45k miles bone stock and it came with 4 bent rims but rides great until 70mph lol

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Is the car nearby and can you look at it? ride it?... see maintenance records if they even have any with that little miles?.... did car sit for a really long time with same full tank of gas?.... did they spread out 4000 miles over the years or did they drive 4000 miles and store for the last three yrs without driving?... I would find out those questions. (if they stored it for three yrs without driving I have had gas nightmares from that crap before..)
why did they not drive? older couple?....

seems high to me since I paid less than that for mine new.... (gm discount helped.. but many guys bought their car cheap especially when pontiac was on the way out,..)...

also depends on how bad you want it and how many other good deals you have found...... only u will know if it feels right or not.... good luck in your decision....

but I would till him $25000 and walk away... he may call u back later....

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
hes in PA..so its atleast 4-5 hours away..i have yet to hear anything back from him

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
About this Discussion
20 Replies
12 Participants
Ivie-G8
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing