Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking to replace the factory dual tips but do not know what can fit to replace them? I saw someone had some 4 inch dual borla tips but what size inlet would i need?

·
Premium Member
4,198 Posts
The single pipe exiting the muffler on my GT reads 2.250" OD. From there, a Y pipe section that's welded on that pipe grows to approx a 2.400 OD (as best as I can read with a caliper). From there, the 2 tips are welded on to that Y pipe section. Don't know if this will help with your game plan.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The single pipe exiting the muffler on my GT reads 2.250" OD. From there, a Y pipe section that's welded on that pipe grows to approx a 2.400 OD (as best as I can read with a caliper). From there, the 2 tips are welded on to that Y pipe section. Don't know if this will help with your game plan.
ok thanks, im sure some 2 1/2 inch OD would work

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They would work fine and is what most consider stock size on the GT. The GXP came with 3" tips. The opening on the GXP diffuser is also slightly larger.

ok. ive got a gxp diffuser and thinking about 4 inch tips but do tips this big look OK or do they look goofy? i havent seen any in person on a G8.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts