Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to get an idea of what it's worth..

2009 GT.. White hot with black leather.. Sunroof, and pretty much every option available. The car has 23K miles, and looks/smells brand new. There's not a single dent or scratch on the car. The interior is perfect.. Tires have tons of tread left (just rotated at 18K miles). Oil changes performed at our local dealership, and have all service records. Car is adult owned/driven by my wife to/from work during the week. 90% highway miles.. Had the A/C drain TSB performed a few months ago, and even got them to replace the carpet because some moisture from the A/C had got on it. The new carpet even brought back the new car smell. :) When I say this car is damn near perfect, I'm not kidding.

It's 100% stock.. no mods, and has never seen a drag strip. My wife fell in love with the new Mustang GT, so, here I am.. lol..

I just need to get an idea of what the car is worth, so, I don't get screwed at the dealer, or privately. Trade in value on the car is 26K, and private party value is around 28,500. What are you guys getting on trade for similar equipped GT's with roughly the same mileage?

Travis

·
Registered
499 Posts
i bought my 09 WH g8 gt from a private seller back in late July. 26k. had like 19k on it. and it was immaculate also.
i think that trade-in value is too high. and i dont think u could get 28.5.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dealer offered me 23,500 on trade today.. They're 500 over invoice on the Mustang, so it's not coming from there. Plus, I get almost 2 grand worth of tax credit versus selling it outright. Good deal?

Travis

·
Service Tech Approved!
532 Posts
Sorry I thought you said the invoice on the mustang was $23k. Which sounded way to low for a GT.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Also, went to New Orleans today, and got a SMOKIN deal on a Mustang GT.. Dude went into the dealer holdback to knock off 2500 bucks from the sticker price. Plus, there's 1000 customer cash right now, so, that's 3500 bucks off of list. But, they were a little low on the trade at 22,500.00. I think I'm going to sell the car outright.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
4 Participants
Trav4011
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing