·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its not posted, but back a while ago wanted 26,9 with 2nd tires, 25,9 without. Im wondering what would be fair

I might get flack for this, especially on here...But my opinion is that the g8 market's "Asking price" is very high, especially in Canada. I see the same ones posted for AGES, months on end. Everyone seems to be asking for too much or no one is looking? Either way.

·
Registered
436 Posts
If you're able to, I would find one in the U. S. They're a lot cheaper here in the U.S. I bought my G8 GT with 45,000 miles about three months ago for $20,000. So you would save a significant amount.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To be honest thats the boat im in right now. The market here is so ridiculous, even ones with higher km / miles have high prices. Even if I were to go to this one dealership that imports cars for you I would end up paying less, even after tax and import fees and what not.

But then again, the G8's here seem to rarely sell since the same cars are always for sale.

Importing myself might be a lot of work

·
Registered
791 Posts
If you consider the low miles (20,500) and price in USD ($23,600) it does not seem like too bad of a deal. I would certainly offer him less and see.

·
Registered
100 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
But then again, the G8's here seem to rarely sell since the same cars are always for sale.
With the G8 sold only one year here the demand is not there for people to buy.
Same cars are for sale a long time some of the ones listed now were for sale last summer.

Well over a year for this one
wanting to trade a GT for a Base because he is working a deal for a Firehawk G8 http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/city-of-toronto/2009-pontiac-g8-gt-trade-for-base-model/1005353618?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

·
Registered
100 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh nice, yea Im interested in his. Wanting to see more pics too was hoping there were more on here.

Yea i know what the mean....the following just isnt there really.

Those high km's are just not attractive. I want a mint GT, would even consider gxp

I have been keeping my eye open across the country and even periodically autotrader US. Those ones have been sale for some time. It doesnt seem like G8s change hands too often.

·
Registered
100 Posts
How high of km is the limit ?
I still look almost everyday picked up the bad habit when I was looking for mine and just got lucky, if I see some thing come up I will Pm you

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I know what you mean, i check at some points daily lol.

I would go up to like 80,000 km if the price was right. The thing is I am trying to find one that has NO rust, 0 rust! So trying to find one that is originally from the states, or generally low km with no winter driving.

I have looked at 2 different GT's already, one had 68,000 km and the other had 72,000 or something. Both had a fair amount of corrosion, and just disgusting underbodys.

Modifications are negligible, some can be nice...but I would like to get the boltons.

I am also keeping my eye on this one:
http://wwwa.autotrader.ca/a/Pontiac/G8/NIPAWIN/Saskatchewan/19_8160334_/?showcpo=ShowCPO&orup=17_15_17

I would like to get the car painted in a matte black and use it as a DD for everything other than harsh winter.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
4 Participants
Dav3
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing