Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp?listingId=50157023&CMP=usedInv

Ive seen this car online for the past month or so and finally go in touch to talk to them about it. I have no idea why it has so many miles.

In my area, GTs NEVER come up for sale so they are really rare to find within a 100 mile radius and its always in red or black. No other colors really so when I saw this one Ive kept my eye on it. Theyve lowered the price twice from 26,488 down to what it is now.

It has the cloth seats, which I love and the best color (IMHO).

What should I offer?

·
Registered
242 Posts
I bought mine with 15k less miles and all the options the car can come with for 3 thousand dollars LESS than that just two months ago. Sure it's a rare color, but it doesn't have the premium, sport or roof and has VERY high miles for the age.

Just my opinion but I'd offer 21-22k or so.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was going to throw out 19,500 and see what they say. They will probably scoff as the sales guy has already given me the "well they are average miles for the year" excuse.

Im thinking I can use the GM bumper to bumper warranty being expired too.

They have had it for almost two months now. That also works in my favor.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good news: It drives pretty good. Didnt notice anything out of the ordinary at all. No clunks or strange noises. It will move!

Bad news: Previous owner took pretty bad care of the car. It looks like my 7 yr old Golfs paint job. Its been completely washed by those "touchless" car washes with brushes. Also, they had to of parked it under a freaking pine tree as there are needles everywhere in the motor compartment. Also a lot of dirt where the trunk closes where nobody cleans except us car guys.

Overall its a nice car but I would expect 80k miles on it in its condition. It needs a SERIOUS detailing and polish job on the paint and interior.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Don't feel too bad. That's overpriced. That G8 is as base as it comes. I paid $24.3K for one with only 12kmiles and sport package. Even that wasn't a great deal, just not a bad one. I like you was looking for local. I got lucky to get the car with the package, interior color, exterior color, and mileage I wanted for a reasonable price. Even though your find was local, that price is no good.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I paid 21,500 in April of this year for mine. 09 GT 10K Red/black cloth No Sport No Premium. I think you could talk this one down a little. So-so deal if you ask me. Like you said, I would offer the guy 19-20K and see if he bites.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
5 Participants
L76 FAN
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing