Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
I donno if I would call bluff so fast on this one... when I was at g8gone, I met a lady who bought a cheap G8 GT (it was also red) with a blown/seized L76 on the cheap and she bought the car and dropped in a cammed LS3.

Not that it can't be done or shouldn't be done, but there DO EXIST GT's with LS3's.

I do not know if this particular car for sale is the person who attended the g8gone meet or not. She was the girl who won the GXP Steering Wheel giveaway from Greg at Pace.

Then and again, it could just simply be a craigslist dummy, who knows! :)

·
Proud owner
1,196 Posts
I doubt it has every option: seats, steering wheel, suspension, gearing... But I could be proved wrong...

·
Registered
346 Posts
I doubt it has every option: seats, steering wheel, suspension, gearing... But I could be proved wrong...
Manual trans was an option, so it definitely doesn't have them all ;)

·
Registered
608 Posts
My old GT had the GXP wheels, fascia, diffuser, brakes, and steering wheel...Decided it was time to just buy a legit one....haha. Same color, similar engine mods, I sold mine for 25k with only 24,000 miles. Might have sold to cheap..lol

·
Grand Poobah
298 Posts
You'd think he would wait for a nicer day to take a picture. I wouldn't buy it just because he lets it get wet. LOL

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
Shady VIN number swap, to cover a stolen car?
Interesting...

AFAIK, most major body panels (even the trunk behind the underside of the trunklid under the carpeting) also have a barcoded VIN sticker, not to mention the engine serial numbers and ECM serials.... odd.

·
Registered
316 Posts

·
Offshore Prositute
756 Posts
My GT has a 6.2L, due to a siezed L76.

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
why didn't he just buy a gxp ???

1 - 16 of 16 Posts