Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm really wanting this car, but not sure. 09 silver GXP auto sunroof with 16,000 miles and want $33,900. They said that they wont move on the price, but just sold a 6 spd for $31,700. This car is 10 hours away.

Was offered $19,000 - needed tires for the truck I was going to trade in. I was offered $20,500 on Saturday when I was considering a 08 corvette at another local dealership.

Anybody in South Dakota by Sioux Falls Ford to check it out for me. Really wish the would come down a bit or give me more on my trade in. :(

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Guess I'm just a little upset I am getting about $2000 less out of my trade then I would have liked. I was think with $20,000 for my trade it was a done deal.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Guess I'm just a little upset I am getting about $2000 less out of my trade then I would have liked. I was think with $20,000 for my trade it was a done deal.
Sell it privatley then. I just bought my GT and was lowballed a good $4-$5k on trade less than what i could sell my S4 privatley for so i just bought the GT becasue i didn't want to pass it up and threw my S4 on autotrader.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Went ahead and just got it anyway and traded in the truck. So in a little over 2 weeks I will have a GXP.

·
Registered
152 Posts
not to bad of a deal, I paid 34k for my silver 09 with 10k on the clock

·
Registered
494 Posts
I just bought my GXP a month ago, 6,200 miles for $34,000

·
Premium Member
4,787 Posts
I bought my GXP before they disappeared and then sold the Civic after I Got the GXP for a hellofalot more then the dealer wanted locally for trade...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, at only $5k difference, its a good deal. Can't wait to get the car.

Guess I will get close to making up the difference in taxes anyway by trading in the truck and don't have to deal with the hassle of selling the truck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm trying to get a better technique when it comes to smoothing my AFR to get within .2 of my commanded AFR. I know I'm new to this so I'm sure there is a better method to getting things in line quicker.

What I've been doing is logging a third gear run from ~2000 RPMs to ~red line.
I'll then look at my AFR from that log and I'll note any lean or rich points and their respective MAF Hz. I'll then go into the MAF table and increase or reduce the Hz for those specific cell. I have got my AFR pretty close but it's taken me over a week and at least 2 to 3 logged runs per day. I don't have a dyno and I have a full time job. Any tips that anyone could suggest that would make this process more efficient would be appreciated. I want to try the smoothing but I'm not sure if it I should do small portions or large portions.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Haha, lynn, I think you posted in the wrong thread.

To the OP congrats man, so what if you payed a grand more or less. You got what you wanted and these are getting harder and harder to come by.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I'm really wanting this car, but not sure. 09 silver GXP auto sunroof with 16,000 miles and want $33,900. They said that they wont move on the price, but just sold a 6 spd for $31,700.
This doesn't sound right. M6 GXP should fetch more $$ than A6.

·
Yep, that just happened..
5,024 Posts
Congrats and welcome (even if its a little early!)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
11 Participants
jaxredg8
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing