Pontiac G8 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
when you put the 17" welds on, stock rotors won't be as obvious.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Wooo. Just waiting on the long tubes and crank pulley now. Also the tuner said I can bring him the car so he can flash a basic tune on it deleting the DOD and adjusting fuel and timing for the cam and then I just bring it back to him when the swap is done for dyno tuning.
20210130_145104.jpg

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Looking at the engine today and found this. Seems to be a vacuum hose from valve cover to intake. The plastic clips don't hold onto the metal pipe. Anyone know the name or p/n for this line?
20210130_151845.jpg

·
Premium Member
6,417 Posts
Can you take a picture of where the hose attaches?

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
Cut it off and replace with a piece of 3/8” hose. Getting any lean codes

Reactions: ebg8gt

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I did get a lean code the 2nd day I owned/drove the car and immediately after passing a smog check. It cleared it self later that day, though. In the meantime I have plugged the ports and the line is off the car chilling on my workbench. Drove it some today and didn't notice any drivability or idle issues.

·
Premium Member
6,417 Posts
Found this,
92068697.jpg

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
It's close. The original is sitting on top of the intake in the pic. More of a Z or S shape? There is a part number on the broken connector but its only the part number for the connector end itself, not the line. I could probably take it off and replace it but I don't know if I'd be able to get a new one on or if I'd damage the line getting it off.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
There’s actually two lines. Pic above is the one that runs along the cylinder head. There’s a short one that connects the the throttle body. I'm not sure what the drivability affects are. At idle, it was drawing a lot of vacuum

·
Premium Member
6,417 Posts
Just in case and for future reference, the part number for the hose in post #49 is 92068697. It's the positive crankcase ventilation (clean air) hose.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
When you install the catch can that line will be replaced with hose -

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
Just the fitting from the rocker cover, and 4” piece of hose solves the whole problem. Had to modify the line when installed the VCM intake on both cars.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,417 Posts
Yes. Yes. A little oil will help the tubing move easier. The diameter of the tubing needs to be slighter larger than the vacuum hose. May be safer to remove the hose and fix off the vehicle since by now it's certainly not as pliable as when new and excessive movement/force could cause it to bend/break. Honestly, I would ditch the plastic vacuum hose(s) altogether and use the silicone tubing. Air passes through those lines and it won't hurt a thing. Those quick connectors are for easy removal/ replacement, aesthetics, and something else to purchase when they break.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
I think I'm just gonna get the VCM OTR. Apparently it comes with a whole new line?

I'm going for the tune on Friday. Is there going to be a drivability issue afterwards? I'm going straight home and starting the teardown but it's about 40 miles from home. Also, when I am done, will there be drivability/starting issues? Once the car is done ill be heading back to the tuner for dyno tuning.

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
Your going to like the VCM. With a ported TB and more open Maf screen it will scream

41 - 60 of 82 Posts