Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys thinking about getting a TSP 102mm intake manifold (anyone have any thoughts on this manifold?) but want to keep the stock throttle body so I can keep my same intake. It comes with an upgraded 102mm throttle body but figured a 102mm manifold to 90mm TB adapter would be more common. If anyone knows of a 102 to 90 TB to intake adapter that would be helpful as well. Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
1,143 Posts
Hey guys thinking about getting a TSP 102mm intake manifold (anyone have any thoughts on this manifold?) but want to keep the stock throttle body so I can keep my same intake. It comes with an upgraded 102mm throttle body but figured a 102mm manifold to 90mm TB adapter would be more common. If anyone knows of a 102 to 90 TB to intake adapter that would be helpful as well. Thanks in advance
Wouldn't the throttle body now be the restriction?

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Is a 90mm TB a restriction? Only if the heads and cam and exhaust ALL outflow the TB . Your tuner will be able to tell you by the peak MAF signals. If the engine doesn't outflow the intake and MAF system then the TB is not a problem.
From Accufab site a 90mm – 1369cfm. From F.A.S.T. on a 427 cu with ported heads made 11 more HP over the 90mm TB

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You don't need any adapter. Same bolt pattern and seal between the TB and manifold.
Thanks for all the help guys but one more question..
I know that the stock throttle body is electrically controlled and was didn’t know if the throttle body that came with it was also electrically controlled hence my want to keep the same throttle body

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
Lukes_g8
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing