Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In torn to which one i should get and which one is more "appropriate" for my needs.
Mods in signature (soon to add Powerbond 25%UDP) but don't see myself going past that anytime soon. Possibly a Rick Crawford intake/polish TB.

Which one to get, a 90mm/LS3 MAF or 102mm/LS7 MAF?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
HeapBlaster
442 Posts
the larger housing will do nothing more than lower your resolution for tuning at idle... i know that was my problem with this card on my turbo cobalt (they use the same LS7 card stock)

·
Registered
263 Posts
Yeah, I'm sorry. I understand now that they are the same card.

What would be more practical, 102mm or 90mm?

I just bought the 102mm because I also just bought the 102 intake/tb combo plus I have heads and a good size cam and etc. But you could always go 102mm now just incase you want more mods later. I thought I was done and few months later got the itch again.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Yeah, I'm sorry. I understand now that they are the same card.

What would be more practical, 102mm or 90mm?

For your mods, I would say the 90mm. I think you would lose velocity going with the 102. I want to say I read someone else's post about losing power going with the 102 on a mild motor.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
For your mods, I would say the 90mm. I think you would lose velocity going with the 102. I want to say I read someone else's post about losing power going with the 102 on a mild motor.

That's what I figured. Thanks man.

·
Registered
786 Posts
That's all pure speculation. I read that also in the origional reckart thread. But it was one person who mentioned it and it was purely his opinion. I have the 102mm and mine made great power and feels amazing.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's all pure speculation. I read that also in the origional reckart thread. But it was one person who mentioned it and it was purely his opinion. I have the 102mm and mine made great power and feels amazing.
But you also have a modified intake and polished TB.
Im not there yet and probably wont go that route.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
From what I understand the ls3 and ls7 is the same card (ACDelco-213-4222) and they use the same adapter wiring harness.
So i ordered the LS3 MAF card and the Spectre 9705 MAF 4" housing to bot up to my Rotofab.
Am I missing anything? Do I need additional couplers?

·
G8/LSX n00b
855 Posts
u might need one 4"

·
Registered
922 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Ya I had that and couldn't figure it out to save my life

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
You might want to get a honeycomb air straightener, this will help with the idle. This is what I got http://www.saxonpc.com/100mm-cells-for-100.html. The 5:1 and 100mm, I had to round the honeycomb a little to get it to fit and will put some JB weld on the edges to hold it in place.

·
Registered
786 Posts
With a quality tune the idle is just fine. I questioned about that honeycomb at first but the general consensus from the experts was they don't use it and its not needed.

Joey,
The install is very easy and straight forward. With vararam all you need is 2 4" silicone couplers. Most of them are sold in 3" lengths... I trimmed mine down to just shy of 2" each for a perfect fit. Then just swap the black and pink wires on the harness with a small screw driver and your done. BUT, a tune is 100% a must IMMEDIATLY. So do the swap when your with your tuner unless you have a remote tuning setup.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.