Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO The "newly designed" LCA's I've had on my car for about 73,000 miles I had replaced under warranty are finally toast. Took some pretty good abuse, was living in the city for a while w/ pock-marked roads, drove in/out of rough scrap yards, lots of miles, plus I think what put 'em over the edge was a short trip right after the 28" blizzard we had up here where there was about 6-8" of packed snow on the road and driving on it was equivalent to doing 30 mph over a mine field lol!

My dealer, whom I bought the car new from and whom my father also purchased a fully loaded silverado from, is COVERING THE REPLACEMENT UNDER GOOD FAITH WARRANTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The parts alone are $228+ shipping from Pace and I bet they'd charge 2-4 hours labor to install anyhow + alignment. I hard somewhere on here a guy was quoted $1200.00 for it.

Anyhow, needless to say, wife and I will be looking for an SUV within a year or so and there's only ONE place I'm shopping.

It pays to visit your dealer for some regular maintenance and warranty work...loyalty is scarce these days.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
These damned things keep popping up on us. Sorry to hear

·
Registered
251 Posts
BOSTONF4$: I'm glad you shared this. I agree that it is a good idea to visit the dealer, especially when it's for something that isn't necessarily free or covered. Dealers take notice of customers who visit other than to get something at no charge. It does build loyalty and goes a long way towards encouraging them to assist with a repair down the line that wouldn't normally be covered outside of the warranty. I am planning on visiting my dealer for oil changes and other maintenance, and I also like knowing that they are most familiar with our vehicles!

·
Premium Member
1,932 Posts
2 congrats:
1. for reaching that mileage!
2. for getting free service!

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I plan on keeping this car as my DD for 2 more years, then depending on how the exterior is (which thus far after having a couple spray jobs due to minor benders is still pretty dang good) I may make it a weekend toy - as in cam it, torque converter, new mufflers (sweet chambers w/ 3" tips), and either way - whether I mod it further as a hobby or sell it to someone I want to keep it in tip top shape, and I can honestly say I have been.

My car runs perfectly, anything that brakes I fix or replace, I even replaced a tailight that had moisture in it w/ an ebay one. I just love the thing it is so damn unique.

Anyhow, again, as I keep saying - DO NOT be afraid to enjoy these cars and pack on some miles, mechanically they age well and the interior has held up fabulously as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts