Ported Top-End
223/232 .625/.599" 112+0
UDP
Vararam CAI w/4" MAF
1 3/4 LT Kooks with 3" mid-pipe
3.27 gears
Drag Pack
2800 Pro Torque converter- 2400 flash stall

Made 5 runs within a hour. No cool down, straight off the street and into the staging lanes. All runs were 11.55, 11.58, 11.60, 11.57, 11.55 119-120+. DA was 1165 for the runs so no killer air but car ran great. Should be able to get it into the low 40's maybe high 30's with some late Fall/Winter air. First timeslip didn't have the mph for some reason. Don't have a pictures of the rest.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Awesome as always!

·
MUSCLE Biotch!
1,036 Posts
Nice work dude!

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Congrats on another great build. No question your combos work.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I snapped a couple pics of the rest from Rick's and one from last Thursday night at the local 1/8th track on street tread with a DA of 2300. Car runs amazing and Rick's work is second to none!!

·
om nom nom nom
433 Posts
Good times 4-speed, wish we had that kind of DA at my local track..

Good consistency.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Awesome!! No surprise that there's another fast G8 touched by the hands of Rick.

·
Registered
126 Posts
that is identical specs to my car isnt it rick?

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Another build doing well....

This was 06PBM 08 G8GT

Ported Top-End
223/232 .625/.599" 112+0
UDP
Vararam CAI w/4" MAF
1 3/4 LT Kooks with 3" mid-pipe
3.27 gears
Drag Pack
2800 Pro Torque converter- 2400 flash stall

Made 5 runs within a hour. No cool down, straight off the street and into the staging lanes. All runs were 11.55, 11.58, 11.60, 11.57, 11.55 119-120+. DA was 1165 for the runs so no killer air but car ran great. Should be able to get it into the low 40's maybe high 30's with some late Fall/Winter air. First timeslip didn't have the mph for some reason. Don't have a pictures of the rest.
Do you think this cam would work on a non stalled car and maybe a + 2 for a little more torque down low? Any issues with this cam and not using ls3 valves?

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
that is identical specs to my car isnt it rick?
Looks like it. It's almost like Rick knows what he is doing, and can recreate it on a regular basis hmmmm....
That being said. I wish my car ran 11.5's, man, that's awesome. You guys are so luky you have Rick so close to you. Sure would save a lot on shipping!

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
God I'm jealous.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Looks like it. It's almost like Rick knows what he is doing, and can recreate it on a regular basis hmmmm....
That being said. I wish my car ran 11.5's, man, that's awesome. You guys are so luky you have Rick so close to you. Sure would save a lot on shipping!
Rick has it down to a science!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Yes I think we're exact except for the UDP.
I have got an slp underdrive on it i think the only difference is i have mid length headers and you have long tubes but other than that we have exact same setup. and mine are 1 7/8 not 1 3/4

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have got an slp underdrive on it i think the only difference is i have mid length headers and you have long tubes but other than that we have exact same setup. and mine are 1 7/8 not 1 3/4
Yep, we're pretty close! Our only differences are in the exhaust, in which my LT's are 1 3/4 catless running back to Borla muffs.

I plan on getting back to the 1/4 track some this summer, hopefully to break into mid 40's to catch up with the rest of the gang!! :gears:

·
Registered
126 Posts
yea i got ricks custom race exhaust on mine i have the mid muffler with hollow high flow cats and i can drop the back half of the exhaust and put a turn down on it about mid car and its 4 inch pipe. yea you shaould have no problems getting to the 40's im gonna guess you will make 30's with good DA. Im hoping with a little more tweaking i can get mine into the 30's

·
Advanced Member
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
There are a couple more builds coming up with guys favoring a track setup over a street using a looser converter and 3.45's so it will be interesting if the 60/330 gains follow it down the track. :burnout:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.