Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be ordering some 17" Weld RT-S wheels for the rear in a few weeks(Ill order the fronts later this summer) and I "think" I've gotten the correct offset for the rear.

I've chosen a 17"x10" with a 44mm offset. What has me worried is that I've seen no one else run this setup. I know the fact that they are expensive may have something to do with it; not to mention that the 17" GTO setup works extremely well and is way cheaper.

Will this offset be correct?

Also, I haven't chosen the tire yet, but I'm leaning towards Hoosier 275/40 Drag Radials.

Also, as far as the fronts are concerned, I've chosen a 17"x5" rim with a 2.2 back spacing. Will I need to run a spacer up front for these?

I think I'm pretty close on the rears, but the fronts....I'm not so sure.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Forgive me for my ignorance.....but whats Shanes UN?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I thought Shane ran the drag stars, only person I've seen run rts's is thebeast (I think that's his name). He borrowed someone's welds off a camaro or a vette.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Been running them for awhile. 17x10 dont remember the offset off the top of my head but with a 28" mickey i had to roll the fenders. I have a set of 17x4.5 for the front too but i dont have tires on them.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Damn that looks good!

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Been running them for awhile. 17x10 dont remember the offset off the top of my head but with a 28" mickey i had to roll the fenders. I have a set of 17x4.5 for the front too but i dont have tires on them.

Are you stock height? And the offset of the wheels would be awesome if you could check. There site shows 43 or 30, I think the 30 will have it to close to the suspension though.

·
HeapBlaster
442 Posts
BMR control arms state that they have clearance added for 17" weld wheels... i just assumed they were referring to RTS as i dont think anyone runs alumastars. I'm curious if anyone has weighed one of those race star industries/GregWeld 17s to realize how heavy they actually are.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
BMR control arms state that they have clearance added for 17" weld wheels... i just assumed they were referring to RTS as i dont think anyone runs alumastars. I'm curious if anyone has weighed one of those race star industries/GregWeld 17s to realize how heavy they actually are.
Did not know that thanks for the info. I need new LCA anyways to haha.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Wow--- they must run really hot if you dont have tires on them... ;)

I have a set of 17x4.5 for the front too but i dont have tires on them.

·
HeapBlaster
442 Posts
do the 17x4.5's actually clear??

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Why wouldnt they? they are skinner than stock and should add more room. 4.5inch wide wheel vs 8inch wide.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Really interested to know what offset those are...are they high pad?
I would make a safe bet and say yes they are high pad. It shows needing high pad for the 2010+ camaros.

·
HeapBlaster
442 Posts
Why wouldnt they? they are skinner than stock and should add more room. 4.5inch wide wheel vs 8inch wide.
to clear my stock gxp brakes... i cant find much info on it.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
to clear my stock gxp brakes... i cant find much info on it.

Ahhh gotcha, yeah that I wouldnt know it should though with the high pad option. Same brakes as the camaros right? Have you looked to see if any of the camaro guys run them?

EDIT---- Looks like they use the 17 x 5 on the camaro. They have them for sale at texas speed. So 17x5 should work with the high pad option I would think.

·
Registered
775 Posts
They clear just fine. I ran them with a 315 Mickey Thompson on the rear.

·
Registered
775 Posts

They do clear brembos front and rear

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
1 - 20 of 71 Posts