Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
08 G8 GT
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having some issues with the 175 Amp fuse under the hood. The fuse casing is riveted and doesn’t appear the fuse is serviceable. Goes from the left fender under the engine over to fuse box. I peeled all the tape off and the fuse is inside a rivited case. Every once and a while I have to jiggle it to get everything power up. when I loose power I tested each side of the fuse and it’s definitely a problem in the fuse. Thanks,

·
Premium Member
4,700 Posts
Hard to believe that the fuse itself is the problem. In my opinion (like any fuse), once a fuse link section opens up, its all over for it. Some stories from mechanics on the internet, say that intermittent power dropouts (like your talking about) have been shown to be caused by a faulty connection to or from the fuse link itself. If the fuse link is surrounded by a protective housing, it sounds like you would have to break into it, an most likely find one or the other cable connection termination points at the fuse link has experiinced a major breakdown.

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
My son in law had mega fuse problems with his ‘09 Yukon. It would stall on bumps or left turns. It’s an under
$20 part. Just replace it if you know it’s bad

·
Premium Member
9,088 Posts
Maybe neither here nor there but did someone attempt to jump start the vehicle using the fuse block's positive terminal?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Having some issues with the 175 Amp fuse under the hood. The fuse casing is riveted and doesn’t appear the fuse is serviceable. Goes from the left fender under the engine over to fuse box. I peeled all the tape off and the fuse is inside a rivited case. Every once and a while I have to jiggle it to get everything power up. when I loose power I tested each side of the fuse and it’s definitely a problem in the fuse. Thanks,
I'm looking for the 175 Amp fuse... are you able to post any pictures of it? I'm not sure exactly where it is, and I think I blew mine.

·
Premium Member
9,088 Posts
Fuse may (should) resemble this one.

Musical instrument accessory Electronic component Gadget Font Auto part

1 - 7 of 7 Posts