Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm due for tires and also intend to upgrade to the CTS-V V1 brake system (4-pot Brembos, front & rear). Since my Sport 19's will not clear the brakes I will need new wheels as well. I do not want to go larger than 19" and feel that I'd find a performance benefit, including additional tire options if I go down to 18". I'd like to increase my contact patch a bit along the way, though I'm not sure how the driving dynamics of the car would be impacted with a staggered configuration as found with the CTS-V V2 wheels.

What 18" wheels are available to us that will clear the Brembo brake kits? VMR? Forgestar? Any OEM wheels I haven't thought of?

·
CCG8 / FLG8
2,089 Posts
Go to Tirerack and select GXP as your vehicle then look at winter packages. They have 18" wheel choices. I also know most (but no 701) VMR 18" wheels will fit the GXP. Check with them for specifics.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
TSW Nurburgrings fit.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Bought a returned set of Drag DR-37 18x8.5 wheels from Discount Tire for $416 shipped - cheapest I seen and just returned w/out scratches. Hated the stock GT 18" wheels from new, not always a big fan of snowflake wheels (DR-37 or Nurburgrings) but starting to grow on me. Got these to clear V2 brakes for cheap during the winter so doesn't really matter what they look like, have my HSV with summer tires for the other 7 months of the year.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts