Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
**Won't let me post in Buyer/Seller Feedback, so feel free to move this mods, thanks**

Hi everyone! I just wanted to share what a great experience I had with my recent purchase of some wheels from ModBargains. More specifically with Alan, who has helped me from start to finish with finding the right offsets to have a clean look, finding hub rings that fit, and in general just knowing what he is talking about for my application. He does a great job with details and following up to make sure everything works out. Will definitely be purchasing future upgrades through him (CAI, Catback etc), as he was spot on correct with everything we handled and thus far I couldn't be more satisfied with everything, during and after purchase. Great guy to do business with!

So to Alan and everyone at ModBargains, keep up the great work and Thank You! Fast and safe (double boxed, padded, sheeted AND bagged) shipping, accurate information, quality product, great service!

http://www.modbargains.com
[email protected]

For those curious -
Wheels: 19" VMR VB3 CSL's in Silver. Front: 8.5 ET40 Rear: 9.5 ET45
Tires: Michelin Pilot Sport AS+. Front: 245/40-19 Rear: 275/35-19 <<edited thanks to the ever observant Rawyzf :p

No rubbing :) What do you guys think? https://www.dropbox.com/sh/a0k3q026qbplukt/LBxOtDG3GF

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
How did Alan get you a 274/35-19 rear?

:p

Just playing with you, looks good.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Glad we got you set up and look forward to seeing some pictures! Send them over and we will upload them to the website!

*EDIT* Saw the pics..lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice! The red and silver looks good.
It took forever to decide on wheels, but it was the last piece to the puzzle after the paintwork, so it had to be done! Almost got black, like most would with the car looking as it does, but wanted something different. Cheers to having a painter with a good eye for a brother-in-law! Thanks!

·
Life one gallon at a time
169 Posts
I would like to know if the 9.5's would fit on the front for a squared set up. Not fond of the staggered wheel and tire set up on any car. Corvette, understandable. G8...Not so much.

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
I would like to know if the 9.5's would fit on the front for a squared set up. Not fond of the staggered wheel and tire set up on any car. Corvette, understandable. G8...Not so much.
They will fit with a 5mm spacer.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I like the wheels, and the painted diffuser and front end. I dont like the hood. Good choice on the silver wheels!
Thank ya! Appreciate the feedback. I had trouble deciding between leaving it red, black - but just to the body line like I've seen, or what we ended up doing. Also still not sure what I think about the inserts being red.

The car on the right was the one that made me even want to touch the paint in general aha >>

·
Registered
3,470 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm curious how you painted the front grills? Is that DIY project? Professionally done? Plasti dip? Looks great. Wheels look good too.
Hey sorry, didn't get an email notification - thought the thread was dead.

They were done professionally. Not sure if you're talking about the lower foglight grills or the upper mesh. The lower ones are a typical prep/paint situation after some careful taping. The upper kidney mesh took some fancy plastic adhesion promoter and lots of finger sanding, but otherwise regular as well.

Cheers

1 - 18 of 18 Posts