Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just went and looked at 2 G8s, one is located in Zelienople, PA and the other one is in Wexford, PA. Both websites did not show them, I just decided to take a drive to see if they had any or not an they did! The one in Zelienople, PA is a black V6 with leather interior and the G8 in Wexford, PA is a Red GT.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The one at Wright Pontiac in Wexford is a red GT "1 of 888". It's marked up $3000 over sticker. I was told "no test drives until you sit down and talk numbers".

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your right, it is marked way up and they wont let you test drive it unless your serious about buying it.

As for my opinion of the G8, I think the quality is excellent inside and out, I love the interior and there are plenty of paded surfaces, comfotable seats, tons of room, I think it is without a doubt the best vehicle that GM has made for a long time, and I really do think this car will steal alot of BMW sales.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Wexford GT

I just went up to Wright Pontiac in Wexford and checked out the red GT. It has the sport package, but no moonroof. Sticker shows $34,850 with the $3,000 premium for "1 of 888." (Get real.)

The car is indeed roomy and comfortable, but the dash and controls seem clunky compared to my '04 GP GTP. The oil pressure / battery voltage display is cheap and distracting, and you can't turn it all the way off with the dash dimmer. Does anyone know if this can be disabled?

Without a stick shift, it just doesn't seem complete. GM blew it again. I'm having a hard time rationalizing this one.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Drive it and you will change your mind, you will forget all about the 2 gauges.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just got back from the dealership[ that I purchase my pontiacs and I just saw #618 Pontiac G8 {black} Gt. The dealership is in New Jersey.......The G8 was delivered today....very nice......My order for a red pontiac g8 gt will be made any day now.....financing ok I am leasing...also the dealer is giving me the employee discount since my father is ret. gm employee and we have been dealing with tem for many years...

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just got back from the dealership[ that I purchase my pontiacs and I just saw #618 Pontiac G8 {black} Gt. The dealership is in New Jersey.......The G8 was delivered today....very nice......My order for a red pontiac g8 gt will be made any day now.....financing ok I am leasing...also the dealer is giving me the employee discount since my father is ret. gm employee and we have been dealing with tem for many years...
Which dealer in NJ........:patriot:

·
Premium Member
3,282 Posts
I have to laugh about these locations. I bet few people outside of western PA have any clue where Zelienople is. I have family there, and the dealership used to be Yoder Pontiac, where I bought my first car (the Sunbird). I am also very familiar with Wright out on Hwy 19 in Wexford. It's a shame I won't be able to even see a G8 here in Madison, WI for nearly another month. Enjoy seeing them you western PA folks, and GO STEELERS!

·
37 Posts
Beaver Pa. Just got my liquid red g8 gt a week ago from Wright in Bridgewater on Rt.51. I was gonna get that one in Wexford but that marked up price was outrageous.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
The dealer I went to today said I couldn't get a gm discount.....The said employees where not getting discounts........:damnyou:
Depends on the dealership whether they will take employee pricing or not.

One I bought it from said initially they won't take employee, then when I went back a few weeks later, they said they'd be more open to it (as someone else was able to haggle a GMS deal out of them).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
9 Participants
Slizzo
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing