Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to see how my car holds up against others. This weekend I'm up against a 2000 C5 FRC 6spd with a Vararam and muffler delete no tune. Me: G8 GT with Vararam, SLP LTs, and dyno tuned. I know vette is lighter and has gears of somewhere around 3.43 I believe. On paper they ran 13.3 stock according to magazines and on some forums they ran 12.9-13.1 with intake and street tires. I myself ran 13.1 with my current mods on 20" wheels and A/S tires (can't remember what the DA was that day). I will be on the stock 19s and Bridgestones for the run.

We will do both roll and dig.

·
om nom nom nom
433 Posts
Vettes, they are sooooooo much more lighter than us, so my prediction is this:
off the line you will hang or even you will get the edge, as the speeds increase he might have the advantage. Of course driver skill matters to and if he misses a shift, you win by default. I think it will be a very close race.

Race and let us know the results. make sure to keep it safe, take it to the track

·
The Mustang dude
1,430 Posts
You are gonna find out the difference when you run a real race (from a stop).
Our cars might turn a decent time, but the devil is in the launch. And Vettes have no problem doing that. So even if your car was a 12.5 car, its not gonna matter much because you are probably giving away almost a tenth and a half in the first 100 ft. which is probably an unrecoverable amount. hahaha

·
Super Moderator
4,911 Posts
I think you stand a pretty good chance myself. Idk about your car but I pull basically the same 60 ft in town as I do at the track. A manual trans car on the other hand is going to have a lot harder time claiming that. Stock for stock with those two cars it is a really close race and considering you have added more hp over stock to your car than the vett has Im gonna give the edge to the g8. Good Luck!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From a 50 roll (in Mexico) he got me. My front bumper was at his rear bumper when we shut down (around 110). He started slightly ahead of me when I was honking. We got another date setup for a dig at the track. Got video of the roll run. Will post it when I get a chance.

·
Yep, that just happened..
5,024 Posts
Waiting on the video....lol Sounds like a nice run!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's the link. I was doing the honking. I had the gear in manual 2nd. Bad camera work by the passenger of the C5.

So was that good timing by him or did he get the jump?

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Shoulda went on 2. Duh.

I ran my buddy in his decatted, cai, tune modified SHO... He went on 0 I still dragged him but he said it was his only shot. Lol. It was a fun run so we just laughed about it.

·
Super Moderator
4,911 Posts
Idk in the video it seems that he timed he fairly well but I couldnt really hear the third honk. Ask him for a dig race and see how that goes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts