Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
LS2 slut
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi team,
I've been chasing an annoying knock in the left rear of my E1 GTS. About 6 months ago i had to take the plunge and replace my MRC as 3 of the 4 shocks were leaking. Apart from not being able to find genuine shocks the price was crippling.
Anyway i replaced the shocks and springs with Ultima short shocks and Pedders MRC compliant springs. Absolutely love the look and feel of driving it now. So when i replaced the shocks and springs i was short the left rear knocking noise would be sorted but unfortunately for me it wasn't. Since then i have replaced the sway bar bushing with Superpro bushings and replaced the sway bar end links with Nolathan adjustables. Still the noise is there and driving me MAD.
The only time i can really here the clunking noise is when i unload the suspension on that corner. So basically the wheel and suspension drops and that's when i hear it. Oh and the knock was there when i had the MRC in the car.
Thanks all.

·
Registered
2009 Pontiac G8 aka Karma
556 Posts
MRC? Mag ride calibration?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Check your rear upper control arms. I fought that for almost a year changing everything I could.

I thought I had a broken shock, broken diff or broken hub bearing. Would pop loudly under acceleration or just inching forward in traffic. Also the rear of the car had a wondering sway at speed.

Composite material Gas Metal Concrete Tool
Fluid Grey Rim Wood Circle

·
LS2 slut
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Reactions: rockinlespaul

·
LS2 slut
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Check your rear upper control arms. I fought that for almost a year changing everything I could.

I thought I had a broken shock, broken diff or broken hub bearing. Would pop loudly under acceleration or just inching forward in traffic. Also the rear of the car had a wondering sway at speed.

View attachment 186642 View attachment 186643
Awesome thank you. Taking the car to the mechanic in the next week so i'll get him to check it out.

·
LS2 slut
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
155 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts