Pontiac G8 Forum banner

what is your opinion of what low mileage is for a 2008-2009 G8 GT

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

nice to see USA holden COMMODOREs going for $25k plus for low mileage examples.

chevy SS and GXP $35-50k range

·
every village has one
2,369 Posts
Where do the 20,000 milers fit in??

·
11 second bolt-on car!
222 Posts
In my opinion, under 30k is low miles. 100k is about average if you own more than one vehicle. Maybe I should return to stock and sell my low mileage car.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I look at it like this, 12-15k or less and stock, put it on the shelf, it's a collectable. More miles or any irreversible mods (bad for value) and it's a driver, but a nice one. 60 k is still low, average being 12k a year. Maybe 5k/yr if it's a second car, x12 that's 60k. Just my rule of thumb and then I'd add points for color. G8's remind me of years ago in the mid 70's when a local guy had 4 Superbirds in his driveway because they were so cheap and nobody wanted them. Ok I still miss a pistol grip. Best shifter lever ever, but that's not the point. Like those Superbirds that went ballistic in price regardless of mileage, the G8 keeps me wanting to hold on.

·
Registered
69 Posts
The whole used car market has blown up last couple of months 💣!!
Perfect storm 🌊...... low inventory, low interest, new car shortage.

Checking KBB values is a must before pricing cars, I almost made a big mistake when I listed mine:oops:
Still feel I left some 💵 on table.
Got more Dealers calling than private parties, go figure:confused:

·
Registered
4 Posts
My cars value has gone up $2,500 in the past three months. I’ve been checking ever since the chip shortage. This is interesting. I’ve never had. A vehicle appreciate like this before. Hopefully it holds. 77k miles and counting. Daily. Meh

·
Registered
496 Posts
Mine has 4,867 miles.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
4867 miles. Waste of a good car. Should be enjoyed more.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
In Australia 70000 km or 50000 miles would be seen as low for a 2009 ve v8 commodore, they would be asking $30000 plus but for a ve hsv clubsport you could double that. Got to agree with GT Drew get them on the road enjoy them.

·
Registered
77 Posts
At 75,000 miles that is only 6250 miles per year which is about 10 to 12k below average.

So even 100,000 would be low mileage.

·
Registered
263 Posts
What price valuators are you guys using? The standard KBB, edmunds, and other first page google results are giving me an average of $13,200 for a SBM GT with 95,000 miles.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts