Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've seen it online. I was sure about buying from a non GM dealer. Its almost out of the 36K mile warrany, its prob not Certified so you wont get the extra 12K. If you get them down to 20 or under it would prob be worth it. Also i'm lookng to get away from a black car, lol lots of time to keep them clean.

·
2008 G8 GT
1,430 Posts
Looks like a nice car. Windows are already tinted even.

Get the price down as low as you can and you will be Evil 6.0

·
Registered
207 Posts
That price seems really good actually, and you can prob sell the wheels to help make up for some new wheels you like. The tires (goodyear eagle Gt's) are good tires that a lot of people like, and they look to have a lot of tread left. SO you could save money there, by using the same tires.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Seems really good to me too. Within 100 miles, the cheapest asking price for a G8 GT is $23995 and has 48,000 miles. That car has cloth and appears to be beat on a bit. Heck, there are a ton of V6s in my area that are priced significantly higher than this.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is exactly what I was thinking. Sell the rims and get some breytons and just reuse the tires. I think that it looks like a good deal, and if they are advertising 21.9k then I dont think it would be an issue to get them down to around 20. Will let yall know what I find when I go see it today after work

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looked at it on saturday, pretty clean. Rims dont look bad at all. Only issue is that when you get to about 40mph it starts to get a steering shake. They told me that it was because the air pressure was off on a tire but I doubt it. It feels like a wheel may be off balance or possibly tie rods. Let me know what you think it could be. They were going to look it over again and I will go check it again monday after work. Car is not GM certified so I am kind of uneasy regarding the steering shake.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Possibly a bent rim? do they make the rims still? Air pressure sounds like a quick excuse. how did they know it was off, did they check it?

did you ask for a Carfax? lol

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I dont know, last night I read the thread about the steering shake and the horror stories about people not being able to get the problem to stop. Really makes me think twice and want to avoid the car because it already has this issue.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Get certified used. Its the smart thing to do, that wheel shake isn't due to a low tire.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thats exactly what I figured. I currently have a jeep grand cherokee and I had a problem with death wobble (extreme steering shake) and the only way that I fixed it was by throwing about $1,000 in parts at it. Do not want to get into that again

·
Registered
444 Posts
It could be as simple as an out of balance tire but at this point with no actual warranty its too huge of a risk.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Powertrain should cover if it's not the rims. Push the dealership into the tsb and have them look into it though it appears to not be a GM dealership hmmm. get a gt

·
Registered
640 Posts
oh that is a gt. yea really good price

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
8 Participants
family-man
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing