Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a G8 GT. I definitely want Bluetooth with my iPhone. I understand that presence of the rear seat cup holders is indicative of a 2009.5 that should have Bluetooth also. I've looked for something in the rear seat of GXP listings on Autotrader that looks like cup holders with no success.

I'm considering a 2009 G8 GT, VIN serial number 195,866, with the pull down panel from the rear seat vertical back portion with cup holders. I don't think that it is the 2009.5 version based on the serial number. Is this correct?

Could someone with the 2009.5 rear seat cup holders post a picture of them deployed and where the control is for deploying them?

Thank you in advance.

·
every village has one
2,170 Posts
The 2009.5 models will have additional pull out cup holders located in the center of the bottom rear seat cushion.

·
Premium Member
4,629 Posts
The 2009.5 models will have additional pull out cup holders located in the center of the bottom rear seat cushion.
This. It almost looks like a slide out CD player device. Just above the trans tunnel.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I'm looking for a G8 GT. I definitely want Bluetooth with my iPhone.
Keep in mind that the factory bluetooth does phone calls only - you'll need an aftermarket solution to incorporate music, if you want to use that.

If you google "Pontiac G8 rear cupholders" for images you'll get some results that should show you want to want to see. Otherwise I can get a photo for you this evening sometime.

[EDIT]
Actually, here's a thread on this forum with an image.

·
Premium Member
4,629 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Keep in mind that the factory bluetooth does phone calls only - you'll need an aftermarket solution to incorporate music, if you want to use that.

If you google "Pontiac G8 rear cupholders" for images you'll get some results that should show you want to want to see. Otherwise I can get a photo for you this evening sometime.

[EDIT]
Actually, here's a thread on this forum with an image.
The thread you gave has just what I was seeking. I understand that the 2009.5 G8's have the cup holders in the seat bottom and include those with serial numbers above 300,000. I am wondering if some with serial numbers in the 2xx,xxx range might also be 2009.5 cars. I tried to buy 233,364, which someone said was a 2009.5, but the dealer sold it while they were holding my deposit to take it off the market.

What I am really looking for is not the cupholders, but the Blue Tooth and other 2009.5 things. I will rarely have anyone in the back seat.

My life has me making phone calls while running errands in traffic, so Blue Tooth integrated with the steering wheel controls and the capability to say "Call Bill" is important to me. I don't do music streaming. The six CD changer will take care of that.

Thanks again for your help.

·
every village has one
2,170 Posts
There you have it......
You can also take a quick peek under the car. If it still has the factory exhaust system, you can see if it has a pair of small cats .

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
There you have it......
You can also take a quick peek under the car. If it still has the factory exhaust system, you can see if it has a pair of small cats .
Does this car have the small cats you mention? I've heard they are resonators. This car is serial number 233,364. If these are cats, would that mean 233,364 is a 2009.5?

I looked under the serial number 195,866 I am considering and it has the cats/resonators behind the central resonator. Does that mean 195,866 is a 2009.5 also?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Does this car have the small cats you mention? I've heard they are resonators. This car is serial number 233,364. If these are cats, would that mean 233,364 is a 2009.5?

I looked under the serial number 195,866 I am considering and it has the cats/resonators behind the central resonator. Does that mean 195,866 is a 2009.5 also?
Both 2009 models have the additional cats if the exhaust is stock.

·
Registered
104 Posts

Those are the resonators. The larger box there is a muffler. The cats are located right at the manifolds. 2009s would have one large cat at the end of each manifold, 2009.5s would have an additional pair a few inches back that are smaller than the first pair.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts

The secondary 09.5 cats are upstream of the mid-muffler. What you have pictured there are resonators downstream of the mid-muffler.

This has an 09 Gt and a 09.5 GXP exhaust next to each other.

https://www.g8board.com/forums/116-exhaust-tech/18292-gt-vs-gxp-exhaust-picture.html

1 - 15 of 15 Posts