Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would you trade a 2009.5 g8 gt with 6k all three packages for a 2008 Gt500 with nav and it is a vert with 10k on it, It would cost me $10,000 to trade for the Shelby.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Only you can answer that question. The other thoughts are do you need a 4 door, is it going to be stored in the winter (location pending), do you like the car more than your G8, would you rather pump $10G's into the G8 and put a maggie and a cam in that. You would still have extra to do the in dash navi with the Garmin. It's all up to you. I have a wife and kids, I got out of a 2 door car for that very reason.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
like the GT500, hate convertibles - IMO their for poseurs and women....even blown V8 convertibles...

SO I'd say NO:wink2:

Oh, and I agree w/ the poster about just getting a 2011 5.0 NEW and doing some cool stuff to it....you can get it pretty stripped down but optioned out how you want it in a custom order - 6 speed w/ upgraded track suspension and brakes and the 3.73 rear end - you're looking at a warrantied stock 12.7 street car

·
You've got mail, YAAAAY!
1,951 Posts
As much as I like the Shelby, I would rather buy a 2011 5.0 for the same price (or less) than the 08 Shelby you are referring to. With that said, I would not trade the g8 for one simply because the 2011 is so much better and I have six kids. :)

·
Registered
222 Posts
Would you trade a 2009.5 g8 gt with 6k all three packages for a 2008 Gt500 with nav and it is a vert with 10k on it, It would cost me $10,000 to trade for the Shelby.
why not spend the 10k on a blower and good rims and tires... then youd eat a 2008 shelby and still have a 4 door:wink2:

·
Registered
511 Posts
Keep in mind you'll have to pay tax on the $10k plus license fees. If I owned my G8 outright and had $10k to sink into a Shelby, I'd probably do it. However, I personally don't think you are getting a deal and if there is another car you like more, you could just as easily find as good of deal for it. My 2 cents...

·
Registered
543 Posts
I agree, like the GT500, especially that generation, but hate convertibles. The rear of the new stangs aren't to my liking. I'm looking at previous gen GT500's as well. But there still a little to high in price. There one of the few mustangs I would buy because of the 4v.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Nope I hate convertibles. I would keep the g8. Although I think a 2011 Shelby will be my next car.

·
every village has one
2,121 Posts
I'd keep the G8. I agree with the other sentiments on not being much for convertibles.

·
Yep, that just happened..
5,024 Posts
Another vote for keeping the G8...

·
Registered
100 Posts
I am partial to the Cobra and Shelbys, but I do not think it is a good buy. I was at the Ford Dealership the other day and they had an 08 coupe with only 7 thousand miles, asking price was 29,000.

I personaly like the 10 and up style.

Sell the G8 and find a nice Terminator for around18grand, port and polish the blower for 500. You will never look back and you would have extra dough in your pocket.

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
whadda ya think the answer would be , given this is a g8 forum? :slap: :drink:

·
Registered
947 Posts
$10K into the G8. Engine, tires, wheels and suspension.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
16 Participants
Panzer Leader
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing