Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for opinion here. I am considering parting with my GXP (Black A6, no sunroof) that I have loved since 2009 as I just got another car. Unfortunately, my love of it has led to some considerable miles on the odometer - 39K to be precise.
If I were to list it for sale at say $28K (would that be a reasonable, quick to sell number?) Otherwise, what are some suggested pricing?

Here are some other possible options:
1. Hold on to it (possibly give it to my son in 4 years).
2. Sell it to Carmax (yet to find out how much).
3. List if for sale (as above).

I really could use some feedback from the forum.

Thanks,
Vinnie

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I think that;
1. The car may be a tad too powerful for a first car to a new driver....not to mention the insurance...
2. Carmax is a good idea, but they will need to make a profit...so you won't get full price
3. List for sale is your best bet. I'd do it now so it'll make a great christmas present. If not not, you'll need to wait till spring when new car fever strikes

If you have the means, I'd park it and hold on to it....

·
Registered
51 Posts
1st post :)

If you think 39K is high, haha

There is a 09 GXP here local I went to see because I thought there was a misprint in the ad. At least i was hoping so.

Dealer has it advertised for $28K , it's got 90,000 MILES on it.

Yeah right. I verified it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the feedback. It's probably borderline irresponsible to give this car as a first car to a teenager. I have gone ahead and listed on eBay as a private seller - will see how that works.

·
Registered
69 Posts
id say its not to high on miles i think u can get 29-32k for it

·
Registered
61 Posts
28K$ seems very reasonable. And i second the fact that 39K miles is not really that high mileage.

·
Registered
104 Posts
28K is a good deal for anyone that wants to buy it. Thinking kbb or whomever don't have a big sample of sales numbers for used GXPs...keeping the values down.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Im with the others 28-30k and it should move pretty quick, however saying it would be irresponsible to give it to your son is a bit much, it would depend if you think he can be trusted to be responsible if unsure sell it, I was handed the keys to a 11.50 car when I turned 16, and was told speeding tickets its gone or crash it and dont come home, never a ticket or a crash, went thru a couple motors but thats a different story.
Good luck whatever you decide to do

·
Registered
217 Posts
1st post :)

If you think 39K is high, haha

There is a 09 GXP here local I went to see because I thought there was a misprint in the ad. At least i was hoping so.

Dealer has it advertised for $28K , it's got 90,000 MILES on it.

Yeah right. I verified it.

Either your referring to the one at woody anderson ford in huntsville al, or there are 2 90k GXPs for sale at that price.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
9 Participants
juspimpin
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing