Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Never thought I’d say this but I’m selling my GXP. We purchased a new ride and don’t have the room for a 3rd car so it’s gotta go.

2009 Pontiac PBM G8 GXP
M6 with Moon Roof
Purchased New in Omaha May of 2009
55k Miles
Tuned by CJ Tunes in St. Paul
Volant CAI (W/ Amsoil Dry Filter)
New Ls7 Clutch/Slave with Remote bleeder installed
Powder Coated GXP Wheels
New 255/40ZR Michelin Super Sorts All Around
Solo Mach Balanced Catback with 3.5” Tips
35% Tinted Windows
Eibach Springs
No front plate bracket
Koni Sport Shocks/Struts
CTS-V Rear Brake Upgrade
Full Set of Winter Wheels/Tires included
V6 Taillights (Red)
Pontiac Trunk Protector
Holden Trunk badge but I have all of the original badging

Car is in great shape! There are a few dings and scratches but nothing major for a 7 y/o car. Powder coated wheels do have some nicks/minor rash but not bad. Just had it professionally detailed so the paint is looking awesome.

It’ll be going into the dealership this week to have the seatbelt and key recalls performed.
Car is located in Minneapolis
Listed for $29,000

·
Proud owner
1,196 Posts
Don't forget the rear brake upgrade, nice car! Bump...

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Wish I had the funds. Glws.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Nice GXP. Seems like a reasonable price concidering theres an GXP M6 for sale locally for $40K CDN.
He's swapped out the GXP M6 for a TR0606 and put Camero 20's on it for listed mods. Sorta takes away from the value on the a GXP in my humble opinion, doesn't say if the original parts are included.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bumping this with an update.

Took it in to dealership to have the clutch fluid completely flushed as I was having some serious issues with the hanging pedal and not going into gear very smoothly.

The flush didn't help so I'm dropping it off at performance shop in town to have them fix whatever the problem is. Most likely will end up with a new after market clutch/slave.

I'm gonna have this work done first part of next week unless someone wants to negotiate a lower price and be able to put their own funds into putting a new clutch setup of their liking.

·
Confident Member
361 Posts
Bumping this with an update.

Took it in to dealership to have the clutch fluid completely flushed as I was having some serious issues with the hanging pedal and not going into gear very smoothly.

The flush didn't help so I'm dropping it off at performance shop in town to have them fix whatever the problem is. Most likely will end up with a new after market clutch/slave.

I'm gonna have this work done first part of next week unless someone wants to negotiate a lower price and be able to put their own funds into putting a new clutch setup of their liking.
I'm having the same issue with our C5, I purchased a Tick Master Cylinder the other day and intend to install it this coming week; supposed to fix the issues with the clutch hangup.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm having the same issue with our C5, I purchased a Tick Master Cylinder the other day and intend to install it this coming week; supposed to fix the issues with the clutch hangup.
Cool, let me know how it goes. I saw that using the Tick MC was a potential fix.

Honestly, I have a tough time believing that the clutch is shot as it only has 55k miles on it and its not like its been abused at all. Its done maybe 20 passes at the track over 5 yrs ago.

I just want it to be fixed whatever the issue is.

·
Confident Member
361 Posts
Yeah I'll let you know how it goes. The symptoms i'm experiencing are only if i run it hard, 5k+ shift into 2 and same into 3, clutch wants to stay on the floor after that. literally pull it up with my foot. I can put it in Neutral and pump the clutch and it's firm again but really takes away from the enjoyment. Only 65k on this car and it's procharged.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah I'll let you know how it goes. The symptoms i'm experiencing are only if i run it hard, 5k+ shift into 2 and same into 3, clutch wants to stay on the floor after that. literally pull it up with my foot. I can put it in Neutral and pump the clutch and it's firm again but really takes away from the enjoyment. Only 65k on this car and it's procharged.
Exactly whats been happening to mine. It really only does it when I do a harder pull. Not even that hard of one, just aggressive.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update:

Shop called and apparently the clutch is looking pretty worn so a new Ls7 setup is going in. Also installing remote bleeder.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
6 Participants
jmac
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing