Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran against a friends 09 Audi S5 last weekend. My G8 has vararam intake, Doug Thorley LT's, x pipe in place of mid muffler, and Diablo Trinity tuner (no custom tune). His S5 has intake, Borla exhaust, and lots of suspension mods. Highway pulls were no competition, my car just pulled and pulled. He wanted to go from a dig. I figured the 46* weather and my bald stock Potenza's would see me losing to his awd, Michelin PSS's and tight suspension. Boy was I wrong. The pulls were on a long industrial drive-way. I beat him off the line each time and from there, obviously held the lead. If someone had offered him a gen 5 Camaro, he would have traded on the spot, he's now an LS convert. He's got some videos on a friends phone, I'll see if I can get them.

·
Mack
1,000 Posts
I assume this was the 4.2L v8 version S5?

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Murderer lol.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, 4.2 (the coupe) Stock hp numbers are similar (S5: 349; G8: 360) with the G8 weighing ~100 lbs more. I knew from the start the highway would be no contest, but the dig race wins certainly surprised me!

·
Mack
1,000 Posts
Yep very nice kill. The S5 and S4's are quick. I had the v8 S4 before the G8 and I loved it but maintenance scared the crap out of me! So glad I'm in a G8 now.

·
Mack
1,000 Posts
I had a 2.0 A5 poking at me on the freeway, I had to ignore the guy, didn't want to waste fuel. Shoo fly ya bothame.
Amen. Would've been a complete waste of gas.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks all, this was my first kill in the G8. I live on Purdue Campus and there's been a huge influx of very fast cars (all student owned). There's ~6 Nissan GTR's (ams Alphas and Boost Logics), 3 458 Italia's, an F430, at least 2 Gran-Turismos, numerous ///M and AMG's, an Aston, several Shelby 500's (including a 2013), the list goes on... Needless to say, I take what wins I can get these days! However, my next target is one of the Maserati's. I've been sizing them up for a while.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts