Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I love my G8 GT would not think of getting rid of it. When I was at Ford I saw a 2009 challenger RT with a manual transmission I dont think it had limited slip. They wanted 22000 with 17k miles on it. The price seemed to be kind of low or is this normal ? I like the body lines but I really like having a 4 door. Any thoughts on this car please. How does this compare to the G8?

·
Registered
702 Posts
When they first came out, I loved the Challenger and had planned on getting one. One year later, they are everywhere. Kind of like the new Camaro's. I'd take a Hellcat if they weren't so expensive, but I like the idea of having a car that you don't see everyday like our G8's. If I had to have something else, I'd look for a gen 2 V.

·
Registered
861 Posts
A local Dodge dealer had two used 2008 Challenger SRT's recently for sale. Both were autos (I believe that's all that were made for '08). Both were listed for just under $30K. One had 5K miles and the other 9K miles and both have since sold. $22K is probably an ok price for a manual RT, but I think the SRT of that era ('08/'09) is more in line with our G8s from a power stand point.

·
Registered
667 Posts
I don't think they hold their values very well. I just bought the wife a 13' charger rt fully loaded for 22 grand with 12,000 miles. 2 months in already having issues with the key fob. Wife can't get into the car and won't start. Dealers around me are backed up till Tuesday..... luckily have 5 months left on warranty but it's already giving me an uneasy feeling.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts