Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
VIN: 6G2EC57Y49L165588

Modified by Modern Muscle in Plainfield IL with a more aggressive cam profile and DOD delete. It was fun and ran well for several years until the #8 cylinder started misfiring.

I took it to the shop and they removed the intake manifold to inspect the cylinders. I was quoted $6000 for a remanufactured engine (the easy way to fix it) + labor.
If I wanted it to go back to it's modified form, it would be about $4000 more.

$2500 obo. Please don't post any hate on the price. I have no idea what the car is worth at this point. I would like it to go to a good home.

·
Premium Member
9,088 Posts
Pictures? Location?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Pictures of the car? Location?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry. Location is in Naperville IL. I just posted some pics. Hopefully they'll pop up soon.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm at work right now. I'll post pics of the engine bay and interior as soon as I can.

·
Registered
2009 Pontiac G8 aka Karma
637 Posts
You shouldn't have any problem getting your asking price. Hell, the front bumper is going for that price. GXP(is that a GXP bumper?)bumpers are no longer available and prices are crazy.

Good luck with your sale!

·
Premium Member
9,088 Posts

·
Registered
2009 GT, Black
1,115 Posts
Probably make a lot more piecing out the car then having a junk yard come get the carcass.

·
Registered
2009 GT, Black
1,115 Posts
I paid $950 for a brand new bumper last summer. It was one of only two left in the US, well, what I was told by the body shop that looked for over a week for one.

I have seen used ones here on the forum for $650 to $1000.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you for the replies. You guys are correct about getting more by parting out but my wife and my neighbors won't be happy about that :)

·
Registered
2009 GT, Black
1,115 Posts
hahaha understood. Tell the wife you'll put the G8 in the garage on her side while you part it out. That way the neighbors will not see it. I am sure she wont mind!!

Good Luck on selling the car.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Unfortunately my 1999 Subaru Impreza RS is in the garage awaiting an engine swap and other goodies😁

·
Registered
2009 GT, Black
1,115 Posts
Projects, projects..

·
Registered
2009 Pontiac G8 aka Karma
637 Posts
I paid $950 for a brand new bumper last summer. It was one of only two left in the US, well, what I was told by the body shop that looked for over a week for one.

I have seen used ones here on the forum for $650 to $1000.
That's a regular front bumper. They are still available between 600-800 new. GXP front bumpers are hens teeth.

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
That's a regular front bumper. They are still available between 600-800 new. GXP front bumpers are hens teeth.
Nope, that's a GXP front bumper on the car that is being sold..

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
As promised. Engine bay pics. Not pretty. Automotive tire Gas Automotive fuel system Auto part Metal
Automotive tire Gas Automotive fuel system Auto part Metal
Motor vehicle Hood Vehicle Automotive engine gasket Automotive tire
Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive air manifold

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Nope, that's a GXP front bumper on the car that is being sold..
Correct. It is a GXP bumper. Slight damage to the driver's side.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts