Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I know it's a pretty high mileage but I've heard that the engine and trans are both really solid if taken care of and the only problems that one with that kind of mileage would be the lifters if they weren't taken care of sooner and the suspension. The car looks really clean and has a clear CarFax report. Dealership is asking $11,999 which I know is pretty overpriced so I'd probably offer them $9,000 to begin the haggle as KBB has the private party value at around that much and a retail price at $10,000.

What do you guys think?

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
I think if the car runs well I'd ask them to let you take it to your mechanic for a full inspection. With that mileage they should have no reason to say no unless there's something really wrong with the car.

I'd use the write-up to start at $9k because you know they probably killed someone on the trade-in. Those look to be highway miles or a lot has been replaced on the car to keep it looking that good. $9k is a nice price to get into a G8 at. I'd be worried about making that my primary car but if I had a 2nd car I wouldn't worry so much.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think if the car runs well I'd ask them to let you take it to your mechanic for a full inspection. With that mileage they should have no reason to say no unless there's something really wrong with the car.

I'd use the write-up to start at $9k because you know they probably killed someone on the trade-in. Those look to be highway miles or a lot has been replaced on the car to keep it looking that good. $9k is a nice price to get into a G8 at. I'd be worried about making that my primary car but if I had a 2nd car I wouldn't worry so much.
I do have a second car. The G8 would be primary daily driver and as such, I have no plans on modding it so the mileage doesn't worry me too much as long as everything else is right with it. Thanks for the advice!

·
Registered
667 Posts
Every time I see cars like mine for sale I hate dealers more and more. So they can offer this one for 12 grand and I looked at trading mine in and they only offered me 13k trade in. Mines an 08 with 62k miles no accidents and I am the 2nd owner..... I'd give it back to them hard OP and offer them 7-8 grand!!!! Good luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
6 Participants
supersnake67
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing