Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looked at this g8 today and it was super clean besides a couple of things. Newer headers into custom exhaust, power steering seems to be going out, steering wheel vibrates and shakes around 45 mph. Not too worried about exhaust because i was going to get an exhaust anyways but the pipes are older and have bad welds. Going to bring it my mechanic soon because I don’t want to let this one slip away.

·
Premium Member
6,898 Posts
Color? Private seller, dealership, car lot, etc.? Are they able to provide maintenance history or records?

Reactions: Vique II

·
Registered
213 Posts
Seems a bit overpriced considering what you're saying is wrong with it. I would use the exhaust as a bargaining piece saying that it has to be redone or reverted to stock and won't pass emissions in some states. Maybe you're moving to California next week nudge nudge. Either have them knock the price down to around 15k and haggle it back up to around 17-18k.

Another key point to note is think of how YOU would drive a car like that for 75k miles. Personally I would drive it like a maniac and goodluck to anyone who may get the car after I owned it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I picked up a 2009.5 with 64k miles on it about 2 months ago for 18k and had it shipped from Illinois to Los Angeles. None of those issues mentioned but i did need to get the tint replaced (came basically with limo tint). From a dealer too. Keep looking for a better deal

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Color? Private seller, dealership, car lot, etc.? Are they able to provide maintenance history or records?
Red, truck lot, car fax look good, well maintained, getting it looked at Monday by my mechanic to make sure everything is good.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Seems a bit overpriced considering what you're saying is wrong with it. I would use the exhaust as a bargaining piece saying that it has to be redone or reverted to stock and won't pass emissions in some states. Maybe you're moving to California next week nudge nudge. Either have them knock the price down to around 15k and haggle it back up to around 17-18k.

Another key point to note is think of how YOU would drive a car like that for 75k miles. Personally I would drive it like a maniac and goodluck to anyone who may get the car after I owned it.
Getting it looked at Monday by my mechanic to make sure nothing is wrong with it. Everything else is in good shape

·
Registered
213 Posts
I picked up a 2009.5 with 64k miles on it about 2 months ago for 18k and had it shipped from Illinois to Los Angeles. None of those issues mentioned but i did need to get the tint replaced (came basically with limo tint). From a dealer too. Keep looking for a better deal
Sounds similar to my case. How nerve racking was it signing for a car you can't look at in person? Haha

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2009 Sport Red GT that has lots of mods. Taken to the strip twice. I purchased this new in Jan. 2009. Car has 44K and drives like new. As a senior citizen (75 yrs) thinking maybe it's time to sell. Located in Naples FL.
I used to post under Rob Moser, had 577 posts, but don't remember my password so started a new registration.
Also have a 2008 White G8 GT that was purchased new in April 2008. It has similar miles but isn't as heavily modded. It's located in Clear Lake, IA.in storage till late May.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I have a 2009 Sport Red GT that has lots of mods. Taken to the strip twice. I purchased this new in Jan. 2009. Car has 44K and drives like new. As a senior citizen (75 yrs) thinking maybe it's time to sell. Located in Naples FL.
I used to post under Rob Moser, had 577 posts, but don't remember my password so started a new registration.
Also have a 2008 White G8 GT that was purchased new in April 2008. It has similar miles but isn't as heavily modded. It's located in Clear Lake, IA.in storage till late May.
Nice collection! I envy whoever has the pleasure of owning these cars after you're done with them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Have a White Hot G8 GT bought new in 2008. Just rolled over 58K on her. Damn, I love this car. Hopefully someone will make you an offer on yours.

·
Dazed - Confused
499 Posts
HI,
I just found my old handle and updated my log-in. So, I have 2 accounts now. EcoBrick Bob and Rob Moser are one and the same! Amazing what OLD AGE does to one... OMG

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sounds similar to my case. How nerve racking was it signing for a car you can't look at in person? Haha
haha big time! There was a good like 2 weeks of waiting for it to show up between the big storms and what not earlier in the year too. Love it though! very happy with it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts