Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've tried searching on here for the part #s for the oil pressure sensor and the lifter filter under the oil pressure sensor but all I can find are part #s for the 09.5 and the 08. Does anyone know the part #s for the 2009 G8 GT?

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
I'm pretty sure early 09 is the same as 08.

Reactions: Blessed

·
Premium Member
5,688 Posts
Oil pressure filter number should be the same. Rock Auto has three part numbers listed for the oil pressure sensor. Look under the engine category for oil pressure sensor and compare the pictures to the current sensor. Alternatively, contact a dealership's parts department, provide the vehicle identification number and go from there.

Reactions: Blessed

·
Premium Member
5,688 Posts
or contact AcDelco.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So I work at O’Reilly’s and just had a code go bad for the engine oil pressure sensor range/performance code p0521. Idk if this was the issue that you were having, but on my car i changed the oil pressure switch with both a standard ignition brand (which came with the filter) and an acdelco after which had no filter with it. Turns out the problem was the actual main engine oil filter causing erratic oil pressure. My lesson from this is I’m never buying another Mobil 1 oil filter in my life, threw the wix xp filter on and now the car runs better than it ever has.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So I work at O’Reilly’s and just had a code go bad for the engine oil pressure sensor range/performance code p0521. Idk if this was the issue that you were having, but on my car i changed the oil pressure switch with both a standard ignition brand (which came with the filter) and an acdelco after which had no filter with it. Turns out the problem was the actual main engine oil filter causing erratic oil pressure. My lesson from this is I’m never buying another Mobil 1 oil filter in my life, threw the wix xp filter on and now the car runs better than it ever has.
Realized I didn’t actually answer your question, the standard part number is ps308 and comes with the little filter

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Realized I didn’t actually answer your question, the standard part number is ps308 and comes with the little filter
I have a code p0522. When I got the engine tuned the oil pressure was jumping up to 90 at times and dropping down to 0 at times. Then the check oil light would come on. The engine has just been rebuilt and the oil pressure is fine, its just the sensor. Thanks for the part #. I did have the DOD deleted so I'm wondering if I even need to put that lifter filter back on there?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts