Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2009 GT, Black
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set of roof rails for the GT. Just had the car painted and there was a miscommunication between the body shop and myself. I bought a set and delivered them when I dropped the car and the body shop had ordered a set. So, now I have an extra set that I can't use. The clips are on the rails.

$150 shipped to anywhere in the 48 US states. I have a sturdy box to ship them in.

$100 for local pickup. I'm in Gainesville, VA.

I don't have nor want a paypay account. Please send a check, I'll deposit it. Once the check clears, I'll ship the rails. I've done this with a few other forums members already.

Pics below.

Rectangle Material property Bumper Font Automotive exterior
Rectangle Material property Font Gas Tints and shades
Hood Bumper Automotive exterior Automotive design Wood
Wood Natural material Rectangle Bumper Material property
Wood Bumper Naval architecture Automotive exterior Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies
Wood Shipping box Flooring Floor Rectangle

·
Premium Member
9,088 Posts
The roof panel molding fits all G8 models.

·
Registered
2009 GT, Black
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the clarification.

·
Registered
2009 GT, Black
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When I entered the box dimensions into the UPS web site, they came up with an oversize shipping cost. I have a UPS Store about three miles from the house. I am going to wrap them in bubble wrap and seal the box. I'll take it up the store tomorrow and ask for a UPS Ground price to the west coast. That way I am covered to anywhere in the US as I live in Virginia.

If they give me a lower shipping price than I received on the web site, I will reduce the price accordingly.

·
Registered
2009 GT, Black
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update:

I took the sealed box to the UPS store. Shipping from VA to CA was $76.00. Incredible. UPS dude said it was the dimensions. Since the box is long, they charge more. It may be slightly cheaper to ship to a closer state but, not much less I would guess.

So, I'd like $75 for the new rails. No best offer. I paid more than double that when I bought them.

Local pickup, $75

Shipped in the lower 48, $150

I have a finished basement. I will put the sealed box there until someone needs these in the future.

Reactions: 383_Stroker
1 - 6 of 6 Posts