Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Just curious if my price is too high to start with or if the offers I have gotten are too low. I have checked on prices with cars with similar mileage but the prices are all over. Also you don't know what or if they sold for. So you tell me what you think? I put the car up for 19.5k with the intention of the selling price to be 18.5k after some negtiation. I have had people offer 15.5k cash, which I think is way too low. Is me getting 18k for this car a pipe dream or is that realistic? Let me know so I can have an idea if I'm gonna get screwed.

2009 Pontiac G8 GT in GREAT condition! Car has 81,000 miles on it
6.0 liter V8/Automatic transmission with sport mode and available manual shift mode
Upgraded factory stereo option, XM radio/OnStar ready
Black leather/ Heated seats
19" factory wheel option. Dunlop winter tires (30% life left), Goodyear summer tires (70% life left)
Tinted windows
Badges have been covered with carbon fiber vinyl overlay
Lowered with H&R springs, new front lower control arms, new polyurethane strut mount bushings, new GXP struts
H pipe welded in place of mid muffler, Borla XR1 muffler with dual 4" tips, Car sounds AWESOME!
PCM tuned for 93 octane, Active Fuel Management turned off, timing increased, electric fans turned on 100%
Plastic center caps and lug caps painted silver (looks much better than the factory black)
Front bumper repainted to fix rock chips

http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/cto/3721615425.html

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
21 views and no replies...if you read it, just throw me your opinion. High or low, if you think I'm crazy tell me, lol! I need to know whether I should take the current offer, or hold out for what it's worth (if it's even worth more). It really is hard to judge what these cars are worth, the prices are kinda all over.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Mileage is a killer, thats hitting you pretty hard, plus selling in detroit where the economy and possible buyers are all in straits is working against you too... another consideration is mods don't add money necessarily, sadly... a car is worth what someone will give you, there is an ass for every seat though, and that said i think you're close to where you need to be, i think 17 is more realistic than 19 or 15. just my .02 cents

you prolly dont want to hear this but if you stockified it and sold the parts separate, took 17 and cash on parts you'd be where you need.

GLWS

·
Registered
371 Posts
What does kbb say out of curiosity?

Can you clarify the tire situation Winters and summers on or two full sets?

In my area dealers are posting up G8s for about 25k still with 25k-40k miles. To me 18k seems like the right price for your vehicle. I'm sure you can get that for it but it will take time.

Glws

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
18k is definitely realistic, people are always trying to get something for nothing. Hang in there and the right buyer will come along. Good luck with your sale!

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
I think its fair and it may just take some time to find the right buyer... somebody wants it .. just have to find them...

I would have to say I have seen the craigslist buyers that hit you first are the buyer/seller... they want to flip it and make money... people do this for a living...

also the tune and mods scare off some buyers due to them not knowing if its messed up or how good the tune is... I would rather buy an untuned car (especially if car has relatively low number of mods)... than deal with a modified tune that someone pushed too hard... personally i would remove the aftermarket tune and put stock back in and dont mention the tune stuff.... just a thought...

good luck either way...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What does kbb say out of curiosity?

Can you clarify the tire situation Winters and summers on or two full sets?
M
In my area dealers are posting up G8s for about 25k still with 25k-40k miles. To me 18k seems like the right price for your vehicle. I'm sure you can get that for it but it will take time.

Glws

I have 2 sets of tires for the stock wheels, Dunlop winters that are worn but still useable and Goodyear for summer, new last summer.

I would return it to stock but it wouldn't make me any money selling the parts. Not worth taking the H&R's off, I welded in borla mufflers into the stock axle back, rather not take out the tune because it will enable AFM and it sounds like dog **** with the exhaust.

I know 81k miles is a lot but it's still a nice car and it will be a little more affordable for someone not looking to spend a bunch. I think unless someone comes with 17.5k cash in the next day...I'll just wait it out a while. But don't wanna wait too long because it will just keep accruing miles. If it hits 90k it will be that much harder to sell!

Thanks for the insight guys, it helps! I was beginning to think I was asking too much and have to take the low ball offers. I especially liked the 15.5k cash today offer...I'll keep it before I let it go for that! Hell the dealer will give me 16 for trade in.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I bought mine last November with 34,000 miles on it, for $20,900 in Indiana. I'm shopping around for another one with low mileage for my wife and the price seems to be around $22-24k for GTs with 40k or less mileage.
Most buyers don't value mods, so putting it back to stock and selling off the mods makes good sense.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm close to being in the same boat. I have a 09 gt with 75000 miles & mine is completely stock with No Mods at all, & mine has flawless cloth interior & paint. I've had mine for sale for $17000 for over a month with a little room for negotiating & have only had 1 person actually look at it but couldn't get financed. I've seen the same exact car with very similar miles at a real dealer from anywhere from $22000 to $25000. Why is it so difficult to sell these cars.

·
Registered
990 Posts
18K is the retail for this car no one will pay retail for a private sale $15.500 is kinda low but $16500 is more real price for a private sale. If you bring it in for trade they will offer you $14500

·
GR8WHIT
78 Posts
I bought mine a cpl months ago for 15k with 85k miles. But it also had a tear in the bumper and was missing the drivers side lower grill insert and fog light. My husband works at a body shop so we knew the damage was very easy to fix. We got a pretty good deal especially since we got it from a dealer with extended warranty. My husband got his 2 wks later. His has 95k miles and we got it for 14.5k. I'd say your car is worth around 16.5k-17.5k

·
Registered
5 Posts
yeah 16.5 to 17.5k sounds about right. I've had a few dealers offer around 14k as a trade so I figure 16k to 17k or so for a private buyer sounds reasonable.
Thanks
09 G8 GT "all stock"

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
13 Participants
fafordan
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing