Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a great deal from Sellers back in May on my old-invoice White Hot G8 GT (Premium/Sport/Sunroof). My only regret was that there was no Bluetooth functionality, since it wasn't a 2009.5 car.

Well, when Sellers offered the Bluetooth upgrade, I immediately let them know I wanted one, and drove from WI to MI to get it done last week Thursday.

I also had their dealership address a number of minor issues (A/C didn't blow super cold, recalls, a dash squeak/rattle, TCM update) at the same time, and they did a top-notch job.

I've been using the heck out of my Bluetooth (in conjunction with my old iPhone 2G - ordering my 3GS this week ;) and I have to say it's awesome. Sounds great and all of the people I've called/have called me on it have reported no issues with hearing me.

Count me as one very happy Sellers/SAS customer (I also have the revamped gauges installed, and they work very, very well). Only problem I have now is that my wife, after driving my GT (and stealing it from me), just got a GXP (also in White Hot, but with the Onyx/Red interior), and she is pissed about the lack of gauges. Looks like I'll be ordering a set the next time they are in stock ;).

--Robert

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
Well, when Sellers offered the Bluetooth upgrade, I immediately let them know I wanted one, and drove from WI to MI to get it done last week Thursday.
I too have been extremely impressed with SAS, as I have the GTPPrix triple gauges and their service and support have been TOP NOTCH! :wink2:

May I ask what Bluetooth they wound up installing into the car? Was it a visor-mounted one like the Parrot or Moto t505 (which is what I have currently) or something else?

I don't think it's possible to retrofit a 2009.1 (old stock) car with the GM stock 2009.5 onstar+bluetooth system.

Please let us know.

--zepcom

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a Continental part, looks almost identical to the Onstar module they pulled out of my car (and OnStar still works). Works 100% like my wife's GXP does...

·
Premium Member
871 Posts
I too have been extremely impressed with SAS, as I have the GTPPrix triple gauges and their service and support have been TOP NOTCH! :wink2:

May I ask what Bluetooth they wound up installing into the car? Was it a visor-mounted one like the Parrot or Moto t505 (which is what I have currently) or something else?

I don't think it's possible to retrofit a 2009.1 (old stock) car with the GM stock 2009.5 onstar+bluetooth system.

Please let us know.

--zepcom
You must have missed this very important thread;) :

http://www.g8board.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18155

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
You must have missed this very important thread;) :

http://www.g8board.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18155
Wow; thanks for the link, beach!

I think I had gotten this confused with the bluestar product, discussed from the trailvoy site ... it was a bluetooth module that REPLACED onstar functionality.

I have some reading to catch up on!

I wonder if it's user-installable yet... guess I'll have to read the thread to find out!

--zepcom

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got a great deal from Sellers back in May on my old-invoice White Hot G8 GT (Premium/Sport/Sunroof). My only regret was that there was no Bluetooth functionality, since it wasn't a 2009.5 car.

I also had their dealership address a number of minor issues (A/C didn't blow super cold, recalls, a dash squeak/rattle, TCM update) at the same time, and they did a top-notch job.

I've been using the heck out of my Bluetooth (in conjunction with my old iPhone 2G - ordering my 3GS this week ;) and I have to say it's awesome. Sounds great and all of the people I've called/have called me on it have reported no issues with hearing me.

Count me as one very happy Sellers/SAS customer (I also have the revamped gauges installed, and they work very, very well). Only problem I have now is that my wife, after driving my GT (and stealing it from me), just got a GXP (also in White Hot, but with the Onyx/Red interior), and she is pissed about the lack of gauges. Looks like I'll be ordering a set the next time they are in stock ;).

--Robert
Can you elaborate on the Bluetooth upgrade? I have an April manufactured 2009 G8 GT and only get OnStar when I try to program for Bluetooth via the steering wheel phone button. The Bluetooth you refer to...is it what is going in on the newer '09s or an aftermarket mod? Also, what did it cost to purchase and have installed.

Lastly, what was the cost for the purchase and install of the gauges?

Thanks, Jim

·
PROCHARGED!
1,879 Posts
Us, Cali people are S.O.L. for now. Unless you wanna drive to MI. They are not ready to reveal the secrets yet!

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What's your VIN? If it's 300xxx (technically a 2009.5 car) it's BT-enabled from the factory.
If not, then you need to figure out another approach (Sellers or something like the CoStar)...

·
Registered
30 Posts
2009.1 OEM Bluetooth Help

This thread seems to have died...can anyone give me an update on if SAS is progressing towards a end user deliverable kit for Bluetooth + OnStar on 2009.1's? Their website appears to have had this section removed???

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
This thread seems to have died...can anyone give me an update on if SAS is progressing towards a end user deliverable kit for Bluetooth + OnStar on 2009.1's? Their website appears to have had this section removed???
Shaff,

Not to burst your bubble, but there are many 2009.1 owners out there (still) looking for integrated onstar bluetooth (me included), and I am afraid that this "unauthorized mod" has ran it's course.

I think GM/Onstar got privy to what some were doing, even if they were "greening" the units to allow for them to be re-associated with a new VIN, and GM administratively "fixed the loophole" and locked the door. Weather it's GM's financial instability or scarcity of parts or new policies put into place, I have not heard of any recent "conversions" that have been successful.

I'm waiting too, but I'm afraid that as time goes on, the chance of getting this mod is lower and lower. :(

--zepcom

·
Registered
508 Posts
Shaff,

Not to burst your bubble, but there are many 2009.1 owners out there (still) looking for integrated onstar bluetooth (me included), and I am afraid that this "unauthorized mod" has ran it's course.

I think GM/Onstar got privy to what some were doing, even if they were "greening" the units to allow for them to be re-associated with a new VIN, and GM administratively "fixed the loophole" and locked the door. Weather it's GM's financial instability or scarcity of parts or new policies put into place, I have not heard of any recent "conversions" that have been successful.

I'm waiting too, but I'm afraid that as time goes on, the chance of getting this mod is lower and lower. :(

--zepcom
Well that sucks, I was thinking a ride to MI would be cool just a stupid excuse to go on a ride. CAI and Onstar. woo hoo ohhh nooo!

·
Registered
98 Posts
so the bluetooth pretty much became illegal?? or what?

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
so the bluetooth pretty much became illegal?? or what?
No. and welcome to the forum, neighbor! :)

I say no because bluetooth is fully functional in my retrofit previously discussed on this thread.

The "NEW" modules available from Sellers Auto Sport have dried up (understandably, Pontiac is no more) and the few verified-compatible part number onstar boxes are very rare these days and when they do show up on ebay, they usually command a high price.

What has ended is what some believe is Onstar being able to mate a retrofit bluetooth-enabled onstar VCIM box to a 2009.1 car and have all the onstar features and functionality retained.

Onstar is different than bluetooth.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Nice to meet you lol i just looked at the g8 im planing on buying the other day and im looking At the first things to add plus everytime i try to go on sas site it says i cant proceed theres a virus or something like that

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
9 Participants
Erbzz
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing