Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a White 09GT sport n premium two tone leather interior with roof. It has 7,500 miles. I wanna trade in my white 09 G8 V6 premium leather with roof that has 12,000 miles.
what do you think the car I'm looking at is actually worth? And what can I except for trade in on my car? Kbb says 21 for good and 22,5 for excellent. Thanks

·
Registered
196 Posts
Considering the low mileage on the gt you probably won't be able to budge them that much. 26.9k isnt bad compared to the other GTs that are going for 28/29 with about the same mileage. You probably could offer 25k or even start at 24k but it probably won't get any cheaper than that. I don't know about your trade but someone recently did a trade and got 18k. So im guessing 18-20k then?

·
Registered
107 Posts
I just picked my up for around $24K and it had 10K miles on it. It doesn't have the roof. It sat on the lot for a while. I think they started at $29K. Are you going to trade you G8 with the mods? The dealer gave me hell about my Escalade (trade) as I had aftermarket DVD system (front and rear), 2way remote start, 22" wheels and the factory 18". They said that with the extras they couldn't give me more money than Black Book.

$26,900 sounds like a fair price for the mileage. The dealer prob has a $1K-$2K gap to work with so I would try to get them lower and have them certify the GT as well.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I just picked my up for around $24K and it had 10K miles on it. It doesn't have the roof. It sat on the lot for a while. I think they started at $29K. Are you going to trade you G8 with the mods? The dealer gave me hell about my Escalade (trade) as I had aftermarket DVD system (front and rear), 2way remote start, 22" wheels and the factory 18". They said that with the extras they couldn't give me more money than Black Book.

$26,900 sounds like a fair price for the mileage. The dealer prob has a $1K-$2K gap to work with so I would try to get them lower and have them certify the GT as well.
I don't think they would certify the car.. it costs about 2k when all said and done.

·
Registered
107 Posts
ike,

I got mine certified for around $300 as apart of my deal.

·
G8 Seller
415 Posts
Just Certification costs about $800. That is before the mechanics do oil changes, rotate tires, replace brakes, and whatever else they can "find wrong" with the car. Add $100 detail and whatever else prep they pay for on the car. Trust me, profit margins on used certified cars is no where near what people think it is.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Just Certification costs about $800. That is before the mechanics do oil changes, rotate tires, replace brakes, and whatever else they can "find wrong" with the car. Add $100 detail and whatever else prep they pay for on the car. Trust me, profit margins on used certified cars is no where near what people think it is.
Oh I thought I remember seeing one say that it was 2k for the certification process... but I guess not.. more like 1k+ plus then right?

·
What A Hoser Eh?
408 Posts
I'm in Canada and I heard we pay alot more than you Yankees but I got a used o9 gt for 26300. Best car I ever had do it now.

·
What A Hoser Eh?
408 Posts
Don't know if this helps but checking autotrader in ontario and everyone wants 30 - 34 for 09s with 20k to 30k kilometers on the clock. Our dollar is worth 97 cents American now so if u have a calculator......

·
G8 Seller
415 Posts
Oh I thought I remember seeing one say that it was 2k for the certification process... but I guess not.. more like 1k+ plus then right?
True, but that number can fluctuate depending on how much work the car needed when it came in. i.e. missing keys, remotes, floor mats, broken interior pieces, worn tires, brakes...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
14 Participants
[email protected]
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing