Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to see what the group things a well maintained GXP with Manual trans with 115k on ticker would bring ? 25k? More or less.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I really appreciate that however was thinking that the owners forum would have more insight on value and possible help a new member - thanks for the welcome aboard !!

·
Premium Member
1,143 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,599 Posts
Have to see the car. Got pics? Any mods?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mods are pretty basic- exhaust and tune. Otherwise stock. Black on black. 23k thoughts

·
Pontiac Crazy
397 Posts
23k would be a pretty good price for that if it is as clean as you make it sound. At 115k I would be checking for stuff that might need maintained. Shocks/struts, strut mount bushings, anything leaking (oil pan gasket wouldn't be uncommon), and the such.

·
There was one?
2,308 Posts
KBB lists private party value using Excellent condition at $21k for the upper end. Considering Hagerty's just announced the collector value for the vehicle I think a premium will be required above the KBB pricing. $23k to $25k sounds reasonable to me given what you state and might still be considered a deal.

·
Premium Member
1,143 Posts
KBB lists private party value using Excellent condition at $21k for the upper end. Considering Hagerty's just announced the collector value for the vehicle I think a premium will be required above the KBB pricing. $23k to $25k sounds reasonable to me given what you state and might still be considered a deal.
"The Internet."

·
There was one?
2,308 Posts
"The Internet."
True, but the OP would not have gotten the advice of a premium above the highest price shown by KBB from the internet. Hence the forum.

·
Pontiac Crazy
397 Posts
Just another point of reference, the only manuals for sale on Cars.com and Autotrader.com are $28k+ except for one listed at $23.9k with over 200k on the clock

·
Premium Member
1,143 Posts
True, but the OP would not have gotten the advice of a premium above the highest price shown by KBB from the internet. Hence the forum.
What I'm getting at is I believe this user is another one of the recent rash of new users on this board that is looking to either sell a car or something else.

Maybe it's just me but when I'm about to pick up a new car, I don't immediately head to a forum to state that I'm going to pick up a new car and to inquire about its value.

·
Pontiac Crazy
397 Posts
Maybe it's just me but when I'm about to pick up a new car, I don't immediately head to a forum to state that I'm going to pick up a new car and to inquire about its value.
Just because it wouldn't normally occur to you to do doesn't mean it's not a valid part of performing research.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I wouldn't spend that much for it with 115. I'd pay a bit more and go for a 15+ SS with a manual.

But that is just me.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
What I'm getting at is I believe this user is another one of the recent rash of new users on this board that is looking to either sell a car or something else.

You might if you are trying to see if you can flip it for a profit

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
8 Participants
Jeff92se
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing