Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to see what the group things a well maintained GXP with Manual trans with 115k on ticker would bring ? 25k? More or less.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I really appreciate that however was thinking that the owners forum would have more insight on value and possible help a new member - thanks for the welcome aboard !!

·
Premium Member
1,471 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,679 Posts
Have to see the car. Got pics? Any mods?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mods are pretty basic- exhaust and tune. Otherwise stock. Black on black. 23k thoughts

·
Pontiac Crazy
472 Posts
23k would be a pretty good price for that if it is as clean as you make it sound. At 115k I would be checking for stuff that might need maintained. Shocks/struts, strut mount bushings, anything leaking (oil pan gasket wouldn't be uncommon), and the such.

·
There was one?
2,308 Posts
KBB lists private party value using Excellent condition at $21k for the upper end. Considering Hagerty's just announced the collector value for the vehicle I think a premium will be required above the KBB pricing. $23k to $25k sounds reasonable to me given what you state and might still be considered a deal.

Reactions: GXP25

·
Premium Member
1,471 Posts
KBB lists private party value using Excellent condition at $21k for the upper end. Considering Hagerty's just announced the collector value for the vehicle I think a premium will be required above the KBB pricing. $23k to $25k sounds reasonable to me given what you state and might still be considered a deal.
"The Internet."

·
There was one?
2,308 Posts
"The Internet."
True, but the OP would not have gotten the advice of a premium above the highest price shown by KBB from the internet. Hence the forum.

·
Pontiac Crazy
472 Posts
Just another point of reference, the only manuals for sale on Cars.com and Autotrader.com are $28k+ except for one listed at $23.9k with over 200k on the clock

·
Premium Member
1,471 Posts
True, but the OP would not have gotten the advice of a premium above the highest price shown by KBB from the internet. Hence the forum.
What I'm getting at is I believe this user is another one of the recent rash of new users on this board that is looking to either sell a car or something else.

Maybe it's just me but when I'm about to pick up a new car, I don't immediately head to a forum to state that I'm going to pick up a new car and to inquire about its value.

·
Pontiac Crazy
472 Posts
Maybe it's just me but when I'm about to pick up a new car, I don't immediately head to a forum to state that I'm going to pick up a new car and to inquire about its value.
Just because it wouldn't normally occur to you to do doesn't mean it's not a valid part of performing research.

Reactions: Rillo71

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
I wouldn't spend that much for it with 115. I'd pay a bit more and go for a 15+ SS with a manual.

But that is just me.

Reactions: GXP25

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
What I'm getting at is I believe this user is another one of the recent rash of new users on this board that is looking to either sell a car or something else.

You might if you are trying to see if you can flip it for a profit

·
Registered
20 Posts
There is always the manual SS vs GXP argument, but I prefer how rare the GXP is. Such a cool, and rare car to see. Don't think book truly reflects their value at the moment for a 6MT.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts