Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at a 09 G8 GT MGM with 29,300 miles. The dealor wanted 22k and I've talked them down to 21k.

The Carfax is clean, one owner.

The only warrenty work I can see that was done outside oil changes is "sensing and diagnostic module reprogrammed" (whatever that is).

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Wow that sounds like an amazing deal. How worn are the tires? Brakes still good?

I have seen stock G8 GTs going for 25-27K around here.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow that sounds like an amazing deal. How worn are the tires? Brakes still good?

I have seen stock G8 GTs going for 25-27K around here.

The tires and brakes look good. I don't think the LCA's were replaced. Would the delership have access to all warrenty work done? They sent me a copy of the carfax but it doesn't say anything about the LCAs.

·
Premium Member
4,131 Posts
That reprogramming work on the SDM, is a recall that all G8s are supposed to have done. It just slows down the deployment of the passenger side air bag a touch. This, to reduce the force that *would have* been applied to the passenger, if the seat had been in the full forward position.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Jump on it bro. If anything, carfax guarantees their reports

·
Registered
227 Posts
Wonderful deal. Haven't seen many on G's. jump!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lol, I've signed the buyers order on the condition that I don't find anything wrong with the vehicle. I'm going to look at it/ pick it up on Saturday.

The dealer said he didn't think the 100k/5yr warrenty would transfer, that's not right is it?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I picked it up on Saturday. The car is CLEAN. The interior is flawless and besides a few rock chips on the front the car doesn't have a scratch on it.

I'll try to figure out how to post a pic.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Congrats. Looks like we picked up twins on the same day.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com App

·
Registered
289 Posts
I just bought the same car in Sept w/ 24,000 miles for $22,500 so I think you're getting a fair deal here. Congrats!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Congratulations. That's a great deal. Now just go over it with an even finer tooth comb. Check the original delivery date to see if it will hit the 3 years sooner than the 36k. The LCAs can be very expensive if not covered under warranty. Sadly I know this from personal experience!

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
Congrats on the purchase. And welcome to the forum!

Sounds like you got a great deal.

As far as the car history report, assuming the previous owner took it to dealerships for service, you can ask your local GM dealer to print out the GMVIS report for you. That will give you all the documented warrantee information (Powertrain warrantee IS transferrable and is 5/100k) as well as documented recall work, active campagns (recall work that applies but hasn't been done yet) and sometimes other information that dealers since the car was new had logged.

My gmvis is like 3 pages, lol!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
About this Discussion
27 Replies
20 Participants
allexx123
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing