Pontiac G8 Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Bumping this thread probably for the last time. It has been almost a year and I have had offers of 12-13k for the car which obviously I declined. Its a clean title car with some considerable mods that even if some one purchased a G8 for 12-13k would spend more than my asking price to get the car modded the same. Is there something Im missing in regards to my asking price? Again open to all reasonable offers. Thanks again.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Honest opinion? While a very, very clean car, the mileage and your rationale of pricing the car based on mods is whats hurting the sale. While the mods you have on the car are some of the best you can buy, in the modified car selling world they do not and will not add value to the buyer. 13K-14K will probably be the limit you will get for the car. People will simply not pay for your exhaust, intake and cam mods because of the miles. It's a shame, despite how much these cars are worth to us or how much money we have dumped into them, no one is going to buy a ten year old, highly modified "Pontiac" for what we want to sell them for. I hope you get what you're asking for it...it might just mean waiting for the right buyer to come along. Have you tried the facebook classifieds?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Honest opinion? While a very, very clean car, the mileage and your rationale of pricing the car based on mods is whats hurting the sale. While the mods you have on the car are some of the best you can buy, in the modified car selling world they do not and will not add value to the buyer. 13K-14K will probably be the limit you will get for the car. People will simply not pay for your exhaust, intake and cam mods because of the miles. It's a shame, despite how much these cars are worth to us or how much money we have dumped into them, no one is going to buy a ten year old, highly modified "Pontiac" for what we want to sell them for. I hope you get what you're asking for it...it might just mean waiting for the right buyer to come along. Have you tried the facebook classifieds?
Hey I appreciate the honest insight and agree to a point. Yes these are ten year old cars but they are rare its not like its a run of the mill mustang. The issue i have with the 12-13k offers is when I say ok I will sell it at that price but Im removing mods and pretty much returning the car to stock then its well then they dont want it. If mods dont add value then I should be able to remove them and sell the car for 12-13k. Yes the miles are high but consistent with the age of the vehicle and all the mods were done within the last 7k miles so its not like they have been done from day one. So I do agree with you but the fact that they could insure it with Hagerty for more than they paid for it is also a benefit you dont get with most cars. Hell I might just put it on jack stands and let it sit or start to part it out. I appreciate the insight.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Bump. Price reduced to $15k

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Bump

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Do you have an ad like Craigslist or autotrader that I can share?
Sorry just now seeing this. It is on facebook marketplace as well.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts