Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
I think this is a "tad" high knowing what I paid for mine 2 years ago with only 5k from a dealer and it also came with a roof.

·
Premium Member
1,646 Posts
It's nice, but that seems like a pretty hefty price: in Canada, it would be an okay deal, but in Greenbacks it seems like too much to me. The red interior is nice, but not worth a considerable premium IMO.

I appreciate that the guy has kept it "like new", but the fact is it is NOT new: it's still a 5 year old car. LCAs, strut bushings, etc. will all need doing if they haven't been done already, and the warranty's over, so all that will need to be done on the new owner's dime - unless, of course, the new owner drives it as little as this guy has driven it, in which case those things likely don't matter :).

·
Registered
436 Posts
It does look like it's been well taken care of. But that's still too high of a price IMO. There's a lot of G8 GT's out there right now to choose from. They might not have low milege as low as this one. But they do have a lot smaller price tag. I just bought mine a couple months ago for $20,0xx with 45,000 miles.

·
Enthusiast
960 Posts
Jump all over that! That's a reasonable price for that car. For anyone who couldn't get one brand new, here's the opportunity. There are next to no second chances at getting one this new. There isn't a new car you could buy for that price that's comparable outside of a Charger. And yes anyone who bought these cars when Pontiac had the fire sale got that price or better, but that's gone, and so is that opportunity. That car has a $35,000 window sticker, and the GXP was $40,000.

If people want one with dings, scratches, road rash, curbed rims, spilled soda, smoked in, modded(maybe hacked), pet hair, rained on, de badged, worn seat bolsters, crinkled leather, or generally exposed to the elements, they are out there anywhere from $15k to $25k.

A new one like this is worth going to see and negotiating with.

That's my opinion. In the end, just do what feels right for you!

·
Enthusiast
960 Posts
The more I look at that car the more I love it! Look at that shine! Imagine how hard it had to be to own that car for 5 years and not change a thing! The GM chicklet is still there! He's protected the floor mats with a towel. The inside of the rims probably looks like new! No sun roof is a good thing in my book. But that's an opinion. I'm drooling. My wife doesn't think we need another, but that car is gorgeous!

·
Premium Member
1,646 Posts
Wow. Cool that people saw these as potential collectors cars from day one.
And that's the problem: the seller is trying to get future-car value out of a car today. There's no doubt G8s will be future collectibles - likely even the V6s, but certainly the V8s - but that doesn't mean depreciation isn't in effect for the next few years. True, this 2,000 mile beauty is likely the cream of the crop, and if you wanted a new one but couldn't find it, this is likely your best bet... but it's still a used car. And as mentioned before, unless you don't drive it at all and keep it close to 2,000 miles forever (which really should be done - need a perfect one for future restorers to use as a reference!), you'll be facing expensive front end repairs, etc. that are no longer covered by warranty.

Bottom line: if you want an investment, buy it and plan to keep it exactly as-is for 20 years to get your money back. If you want a car to drive, get a driver-quality car and save yourself hassle and thousands of dollars.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
11 Participants
Turbo301
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing