Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Ever since my 09 was shipped across the ocean to Guam, my steering wheel audio controls are all screwy. Every turn of the wheel adjusts the volume and seeks up and down my presets. Has anyone experienced anything similar or know of a solution? Thank you so much!

·
Premium Member
4,200 Posts
Does this mean, everything else that the steering wheel controls are supposed to do or asked to do, works correctly ? If you were to just sit in the car an turn on the radio, both scroll wheels work as they should ( left wheel preset select change an the right wheel up/down volume + mute when pressed ? If both wheels feel good when put in to use, it sounds like you may be forced to remove the steering wheel to verify the condition of the wire runs thru the wheel. If that seems to be OK, it could be a problem with the coiled wire loom within the steering column (clock spring)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes everything works perfect while the the car is running and I'm not turning. The controls do as they are intended to do. Only upon turning the wheel do I experience these issues. Music and calls are no longer possible until fixed. Thank you for the reply.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Mine did that when the clockspring went bad. I have a thread from a few years ago.

·
out front & pulling away
208 Posts
Hello GuamG8, Good luck with audio control issues. A G8 in Guam is probably the most remote place a G8 is. If you have time /energy post a photo or two. I'd imagine miles won't go up too much.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts