Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is at the performance shop getting a Maggie tvs 1900 installed. I however did not know that there was a different kit for a 2009.5. When the shop asked me what year my car was I told them 2009, I'm not in the habit of calling my car a 2009.5.

So the shop called me today when they realized I have a 2009.5 to tell me they needed to replace my water pump so the the tensioner will work properly.

My question is is that the only thing different from the 2009 kit - 2009.5 kit? Do you think purchasing the 2009.5 install kit is a better option than replacing the water pump and using the 2009 install kit?

Thanks,
Hal

·
Registered
219 Posts
As for your question, I am not entirely sure. I've seen the pics of the install on Tune Time's facebook page. From what I know, they are one of the best shops around. Besides this little hiccup how's the overall experience? I'm interested to see the final dyno numbers!

·
Registered
775 Posts
Yes. Water pump is on the side of the tensioner. It need to be changed. That's pretty much it I think.

Best bet, call magnuson

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Ask the shop to order the right kit, or THEY can pay for the new waterpump. You pay enough for the blower. Why should you pay for unnessary parts when the right kit avoids it.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As for your question, I am not entirely sure. I've seen the pics of the install on Tune Time's facebook page. From what I know, they are one of the best shops around. Besides this little hiccup how's the overall experience? I'm interested to see the final dyno numbers!
The shop is great, has been a very positive experience. Matt and Joe have been very helpful.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ask the shop to order the right kit, or THEY can pay for the new waterpump. You pay enough for the blower. Why should you pay for unnessary parts when the right kit avoids it.
It is partly my fault. I did not tell them I had a 2009.5, I did not know it mattered. So they ordered the install kit based off the info I gave them. I have no issue with purchasing the pump, they are doing the swap for free.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here is the link... yes there is a difference! Be proud to say you have a 09.5 :)

http://www.magnacharger.com/c-120-supercharger-kits.aspx
I know there is a difference...now...my question was what would you think is the better fix, ordering a new water pump or a new install kit.

LOL I am proud of having a 2009.5 :), and it was a factor when I bought the car because I wanted bluetooth. But I thought that was the only difference.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Lol ur cars always there

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tell them you know me... Me car is there now too :)

Get ready to track her on November 2 at Island Drag way!
Matt asked me if I knew you when I dropped off the car, I told him yes. I love seeing the pics he posts from what is at the shop and saw your car there.

Is there an official meet for island drag way? I will def try to get off from work since it is on a Friday. Do you have link to details?

·
North East G8 Owners Club
3,095 Posts
I know there is a difference...now...my question was what would you think is the better fix, ordering a new water pump or a new install kit.

LOL I am proud of having a 2009.5 :), and it was a factor when I bought the car because I wanted bluetooth. But I thought that was the only difference.

If only a water pump thing, let them fix it. The web site doesn't say what the difference is. Or go by what the shop says to do! I trusted them for 4 years now! :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If only a water pump thing, let them fix it. The web site doesn't say what the difference is. Or go by what the shop says to do! I trusted them for 4 years now! :)
Yeah, that's what I am doing, leaving in the hands of the pros. i trust them.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm surprised they don't just switch to the kit you need. They would have seen which one was needed just from opening the hood and looking at the pump. Seems silly to replace the water pump for that. Either way, you'll love it.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
I changed the water pump in mine to fit a Maggie made for a 2008 G8 GT. it's been 10 months and I haven't had any problems. If they have the part on hand, just swap it out.

·
Premium Member
4,598 Posts
Jessica at superchargerconnection might have some good info for ya as well.

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
My car is at the performance shop getting a Maggie tvs 1900 installed. I however did not know that there was a different kit for a 2009.5. When the shop asked me what year my car was I told them 2009, I'm not in the habit of calling my car a 2009.5.

So the shop called me today when they realized I have a 2009.5 to tell me they needed to replace my water pump so the the tensioner will work properly.

My question is is that the only thing different from the 2009 kit - 2009.5 kit? Do you think purchasing the 2009.5 install kit is a better option than replacing the water pump and using the 2009 install kit?

Thanks,
Hal
Hal, Congrats on the Maggie. I’m in the process of picking one out myself. I would greatly appreciate your input on why you went with the 1900 & not the 2300. I’ve read a lot of comments on the subject but I’m still undecided. Bigger is not always better. Sorry to thread jack. Cheers.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
About this Discussion
41 Replies
18 Participants
Nothin_But_Tail_Lights
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing