Pontiac G8 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 173 Posts

·
Son of a Dealer
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
looks like the 2008 was super bargain pricing to get sales going...glad I got mine at $3500+ below sticker, or $4,865+ below in 2009 dollars.

Hope they at least give the GT a spare tire for that extra money.
No spare tire for the '09 GT either. Still just the compressor and tire sealant. :(

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
To the guys who have a car tagged.......Have you agreed on price? Most of the g8 around here have a mark up of 5k or 6.5k. I have always paid under msrp for my new cars. I would like to think I can find a way to do the same on this one but it looks like I might have to wait. What are you guys paying, any dealers here in CA willing to give a fair price?

·
The King of 5:08!
251 Posts
To the guys who have a car tagged.......Have you agreed on price? Most of the g8 around here have a mark up of 5k or 6.5k. I have always paid under msrp for my new cars. I would like to think I can find a way to do the same on this one but it looks like I might have to wait. What are you guys paying, any dealers here in CA willing to give a fair price?
I know Rydell in Van Nuys wasn't charging any markup on the cars they had on the lot and when i told him i wanted him to tag me a 2009 he said it would be MSRP...

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Just finished running through the GT inventory and the number are down to 2219 with no pattern GT7s left in any color! Over 1100 GTs sucked up in 24 hours!:eek2:

·
Know It Nil
36 Posts
:thumbsup:Wow, they're going fast. Last night there were over three hundred pages of inventory, today about a hundred less pages. Just e-mailed my dealer about tagging one for me; I stopped by his office earlier today and as expected, he didn't know how this all works. He wanted to try and order me one. Thanks to all the information passed around this forum, I was able to educate myself before going to see him and in turn, passed on some knowledge. I hope it was worth it; we'll see...I'm shooting for a black GT with PCQ and PDX.

·
Alexander Haig
1,858 Posts
There will be more on the way, we're only talking the first tagging here that runs thru mid June. More will be added to the pot as the MY goes on. But if you want one now, contact your local dealer(s) and find one, or find what they have on the way. You're gonna have to work for it if you want it now!:burnout:
And these are only cars produced from 3/3/08 through 5/12//08. Consider the great possibility that the 09 model year will not end early then we have well over 12 more months of production at a 2 month rate of over 5000 we could be easily looking at 30,000+ per year. Right on target.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just finished running through the GT inventory and the number are down to 2219 with no pattern GT7s left in any color! Over 1100 GTs sucked up in 24 hours!:eek2:
Surprising, especially with gas at almost $4/gallon. I think GM can definitely pat themselves on the back at producing such a nice looking/performing car. Let's just hope it holds up over time. ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
ok guys, can someone tell me where you are finding these? I just looked at the gminventory site I had and it still shows nothing under unproduced 09's. Can someone send me a link?

·
Alexander Haig
1,858 Posts
ok guys, can someone tell me where you are finding these? I just looked at the gminventory site I had and it still shows nothing under unproduced 09's. Can someone send me a link?
www.gminventory.com
select unproduced G8

then select sedan(base) or GT (GXP will return 0)

there are 0 2008's only '09s will show

BTW I just tried and selected by year and they still showup. Try again.

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
No STs either. It would help if it actually had a name! :gr_jest:
I was under the impression that that is a MY2010 car?

·
Son of a Dealer
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
No STs either. It would help if it actually had a name! :gr_jest:
Apparently it has a name, they just aren't saying what it is. :driving:

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Probably waiting to make a big splash of it or something. I think the marketing department is probably getting ready to roll something big out.

That or let the GXP has it's lime light for a bit, then announce the ST's true name. Help drive sales for the GXP first, then give the public the "El Camino" that they also want. :)

·
Registered
249 Posts
dltv said:
anyway to tell if these are going to have bluetooth or not?
No way to tell for sure.

Bluetooth is expected to be an interim release on the 2009 G8s. No speculation yet on when. So short of an announcement from GM or Pontiac it would be speculation.

So it would be doubtful that any of this first group are equipped.

One thing to look for, maybe, the Regular Production Option (RPO) Code showing up on Option Content part of the listings. Many other GM products are using "UPF" for Bluetooth. So could look for that.

41 - 60 of 173 Posts